SocketException

I have the Display Unit on a separate machine and I am having problems trying to configure it to access the DataProvider. When I chose the remote server mode and enter the Data Provider machine name (I would prefer to use an IP address but that seems to be unsupported) I receive a "SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type as found. The DataProvider is running on my FSX machine and indexes have been created.

I currently successfully run many fsx addons on the remote machine so connectivity isn't an issue (also if I choose a wrong dataprovider server name a different error message is displayed).

I have also made sure that he provider data folder is shared on my FSX machine and mapped under the "Provider Data Folder" setting on the display unit.

Can you please provide some help on what might be the cause of this?

aritzer,

please can you send all the logfiles (from both computers) to support@aivlasoft.com. You will find them as follows: Windows-Start-Menu > All Programs > AivlaSoft > EFB > Logfiles. Thx.

I would prefer to use an IP address ...
If your computer is running within a DHCP-environment then the IP address might change from time to time, whereas the computer name (most probably) won't. Therefore I decided to rely on the computers name instead of an IP-address.

BTW: According to the forum rules please sign your posts with your real-life first name. Thx.