I have the system installed on two computers. The display unit is on the second. it all seems to work well . I input a route and it displays the dept and dest airports but it does not display any enroute or sid star or approach charts as i progress along my flight. it just shows the route like a moving map

What am i missing?

Sure I can that later today

But I ran the program on one computer to see if it worked there.

Here is what happened

I ran the program and it followed me off the dest. but it never advance to the next screen. ie enroute.

I thought as it approached the airport it would provide me a list of ils/stars but nothing.

So maybe i misunderstood what this program does.

Can the program deliver approach charts/ stars/sids as you progress on a flight or where is the list within the program to find them.

I assumed ( perhaps wrongly ) that this program was to help replace looking for charts as i progress or plan my flight

please let me know

thanks

Peter

Peter,

whenever a chart is displayed in EFB you will see two "blue colored buttons". These buttons are context sensitive what means that the content behind these buttons changes according to the current chart type. One of them is for the corresponding checklists, the other one is the button for the chart-dependent selections/tasks.

After you've created/selected your route and you've pressed "Activate" the progress module shows you the ground chart of the origin airport. On the top of this module you see the buttons "Departure" -> "Enroute" -> and so on ... Press on the "Departure" button, to load the departure chart. Once loaded press on the "blue colored button" called "ICAO Departure" (where ICAO stands for the departure airports ICAO code). Now you will get a submenu from where you select your SID. Same logic for all other chart-types like "Arrival" and "Approach". If you already know the SID, STAR and Approach you may add them to the current route using the Route Modify module (which is available from the Route Setup module).

Hope this helps.

BTW: Details are described in the Operations Manual, Section 5 - "Route Setup" and 7 - "Charts".

thanks. I read the manual but somehow i messed this up.

Ill try all of this to see how it goes.

At first blush i really like the product , just want to get it working prior to purchase.

Thanks

I also assume that if i use a remote setup Im supposed to point all of the directories and folders listed on the display unit set up to the same folders on the fsx machine. I assume that was what i had incorrectly and hence my second machine was not getting the correct info from the server ( fsx ) machine.

Thanks

Peter

Peter,

at least the folders "Provider data folder" and "FSX Flightplans" must point to the corresponding folders on the FSX machine. The other ones "should" but it will not cause serious problems if they don't.

All the dynamic data while in flight is provided/broadcasted by the DataProvider through the network communication.