A problem with available runways at LGSR

Some time ago I bought the Santorini X addon scenery from Aerosoft and today I was planning to do my first flight there flying from ESSA and while entering the route in EFB I received the warning message you always get when there's a problem with the runway assignments. In this case the problem was/is that in the scenery only runway 16L/34R is available but in real life and also in Navdata there's also a 16R/34L runway.

Normally I'm able to fix these kind of issues by using the Runways.txt file and add whatever needed but if I understand the instructions in the Runway.txt file there's no way to fix this kind of issue when the runway exists IRL but not in FSX, is that correct?

Makes sense because how would you be able to fly into a runway that doesn't exist :lol:

Since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this problem with LGSR (which seems to be the same also with default FSX scenery) how did you guys fix this problem? Guess the easiest way is to simply ignore the warning...?

Guest William

Runways are drawn from the information in the BGL file so if it is in then EFB would draw it. Presumably you did run the database update in which case check you have no other AFCAD for the airport. The other thing to check is that the airport does actually appear in the scenery library.

Yep, did run the FSX Scenery Data Update in EFB so guess maybe the problem then is I have a duplicate BGL for LGSR. I guess I could try find it manually but I remember reading about some utility that would let you search for these kind of things but I can't remember the name of it. Anyone in here knows what utility this might be and where I could find it?

Did a manual search but I couldn't find any duplicate AFCAD for LGSR and fact is I don't think that is the problem here but more that the Navdata file LGSR.txt lists 16R/34L as active runways although in reality (and in FSX) the only active runway is 16L/34R. The 16R/34L only serves as a taxiway so the way I see it the problem really is how (if possible) to tell EFB that what it reads in the LGSR.txt file is not true.

I actually tried modifying the LGSR.txt file myself removing any references to 16R/34L but still same problem and also did another FSX Scenery Update in EFB. Not sure if that makes any difference when you're modifying SID/STAR files but thought at least it wouldn't do any harm but still same problem. This surprised me a bit though because I can't understand where EFB will get the 16R/34L info from when I removed those references from the LGSR.txt file.

Maybe I need to do something else to have EFB refresh it's info for LGSR...?

This is what the data provider window looks like when I process a route to LGSR

LGSR%20runway%20issue%20in%20Aivlasoft%20EFB.JPG

Hi Richard,

Guess the easiest way is to simply ignore the warning...?
That's it. Just ignore the warning, it only tells you that EFB could not find the runways 16R and 34L because they are not existing. I did a look into the navigation procedures file LGSR.txt and there are also no procedures for these two runways.

This surprised me a bit though because I can't understand where EFB will get the 16R/34L info from when I removed those references from the LGSR.txt file.
EFB does not only read the LGSR.txt file, there are other references to these two runways in the file "wpnavapt.txt". I did not test it, but I'm pretty sure that the warning will disappear if you remove the runways from both files. If you do so, please do not forget to run the scenery update after you have removed the lines.

Hi Richard,

Guess the easiest way is to simply ignore the warning...?
That's it. Just ignore the warning, it only tells you that EFB could not find the runways 16R and 34L because they are not existing. I did a look into the navigation procedures file LGSR.txt and there are also no procedures for these two runways.

This surprised me a bit though because I can't understand where EFB will get the 16R/34L info from when I removed those references from the LGSR.txt file.
EFB does not only read the LGSR.txt file, there are other references to these two runways in the file "wpnavapt.txt". I did not test it, but I'm pretty sure that the warning will disappear if you remove the runways from both files. If you do so, please do not forget to run the scenery update after you have removed the lines.

Thanks Urs, since writing my last post here I learned I also need to change/remove the runway entries in the wpnavapt.txt file and I did try that and the warning went away. However using this method I'll have to do this every time I install a new AIRAC cycle so I decided to just learn to live with this warning message for this specific airport...no big deal :)