Garmin Flight Plans

Hello

I was really suprised that by using the Reality GNS 430/530 that I could create a flight plan that EFB can read. That is great Flight plans created with the GNS 430/530 have very strange names and they reside in the same default folder as all FSX flight plans.

The manual describes how to load EFB flight plans into the Garmin. I assume that this is the default gps unit. I have replaced all the default gps's with either the Reality GNS 430/530.

My question is can a flight plan cereated by EFB be loaded into the

Reality GNS 430/530. If this is possible how is it done.

Best Regards

Tom

Tom,

I don't know the Realty GNS 430/530 so I don't know what file formats it is able to read.

Currently there are the following ways to get a flight plan out of EFB:

1) Route Setup -> "ATS Routing" Copy to clipboard

2) Activate a route to get it as FSX flight plan saved (FSX XML-format)

The ATC routing is very nice. As you know FlightAware gives the exact flight plan of and aircraft on a particular flight. All I have to do is copy the FlightAware flight plan to clipboard and past it in EFB as an ATC route and make a few changes to make it work.

I also use Flight Commander to create flight plans for FSX, convert them to XML format and load them into EFB.

I really do not think Reality GNS 430/530 will load EFB flight plans, however in my first post I find that EFB can read a GNS430/530 flight plan. On the GNS 430/530 you right press the mouse on the FLP button and that saves the plan to the default FSX flighplan folder.