IVAO ATC's and EFB

Hi, excuse my english....

I have observed that in EFB's there are ATC's, especially CTR, that are ignored. The result is that you can not trust the information about CTR ATC's offered by EFB.

It happens that in "the eye" looks perfectly the CTR on, while EFB does not appear. It's weird because EFB use data files of "The Eye" with what should not have problems.

Any idea? Thanks!!!

Thanks.

I read the post, i understand it, but maybe the problem is another.

For example, in this moment in Webeye I can see two CTR: LECB_N_CTR and LECM_NE_CTR that don't show up in EFB. Looking in EFB in "Unknown callsigns" those ATC don't appear. In "Invalid definition data" neither appears nothing related with LECM and LECB. Looking in the "Eye" data file "firs.dat" i found this two lines:

LECB:N:ES:Barcelona:North Control:40.76:0.76:LECB North

LECM:NE:ES:Madrid:North East Control:42.63:-3.73:LECM North East

In "fir.dat" appears this:

!LECB North

42.7:-0.06

42.75:0.2

42.72:0.63

42.89:0.75

42.84:1

42.75:1.25

42.75:1.42

42.68:1.47

42.65:1.72

42.58:1.82

42.5:1.82

42.5:2

42.4:2.05

42.47:2.25

42.39:2.6

42.46:2.88

42.5:3

42.44:3.18

42.35:3.5

42:4.67

41.42:4.67

40.5:4.66

40.5:2.35

39.60:1.28

39.82:1.12

39.82:0.16

40.21:0.33

40.21:-0.93

42.7:-0.06

!LECB North

Something similar appears for LECM_NE_CTR

I believe that, with all this data, both CTR are correctly defined and i don't understand that don't appear in EFB.

Thanks for your patience! :))

Ok, LECB and LECM are the CTR's names, the most important airport in LECB is LEBL-Barcelona-El Prat. That's right. Then, i must understand that if a CTR don't have an airport with the same name in the FSX sceneries EFB can't depict it? Right?

And then...the magic question...Do you have a solution/workaround for that? ;)

Thanks a lot!!

EDIT: If i create a LECB dummy airport inside the CTR....????

Alfredo,

Then, i must understand that if a CTR don't have an airport with the same name in the FSX sceneries EFB can't depict it?
No. Disregard my answer. That was rubbish, sorry. I must have ignored that you are talking about centers and not airports.

I did some tests today and 'injected' LECB_N_CTR and LECM_NE_CTR into the data stream so it looked like they were online. No problem so far, both centers did appear in the frequency ribbon at the top of the chart. The cause of not showing up must be elsewhere.

Coming back to your initial post where you describe " ... in this moment in Webeye I can see two CTR: LECB_N_CTR and LECM_NE_CTR that don't show up in EFB". Maybe that's the cause, WebEye is not the same than the so called "whazzup" data stream which is used by the AivlaSoft server. Maybe these two centers were not contained in that data stream at that time?

Maybe this could help.....

This picture is taken from Webeye and you could see the LSAS_CTR and EDGG_SE_CTR above it.

kve4.png

The same picture taken from EFB. You could see EDGG_SE_CTR but LSAS_CTR don't appears

v6dl.png

And the last picture taken from Online data settings from EFB. You could see that LSAS_CTR appears in the data.....

nniw.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm also missing some of the IVAO centre online control areas showing in EFB. I've downloaded the latest IVAO files from the downloads section (dated May 2 2013) and changed the display unit setting to point at them (the default setting of pointing to 'The Eye' is no longer valid as IVAO don't support The Eye any more and only support 'Webeye' instead).

Is there anything else I need to do?

TIA

Richard