Data Provider ctd

It happens lately that Data Provider crashes unexpectedly in mid flight (with no apparent reason or something special happening).

The log only states thi kind of messages

2013-06-15 15:38:30,863 [1] WARN AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - DefWndProc (isConnected=true): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

What can be wrong and where to look ?

Hi

did you already try to search for "0xC000014B" using the search function on the top right of this forum? I'm sure you will get a lot of hints. There is also a posting in the FAQ section: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145

BTW: according the the forum rules please sign your posts with your real first name. We like to know to whom we're talking. Thanks.

Hi Urs,

I had forgotten that this is connected to simconnect timeout.

Thanks for refreshing.

Is there any internet source (post/document) that elaborates on what can overload simconnect (except the obvious, i.e. addons connected through it)?

In the first google search could not find something.

Apostolos

True, that is I am looking for the "theory" behind it.

From what I read around, simconnect "overloads" with other things too (internal fs operations), beyond addons communicating with it.

The only ones I am using are FSUIPC, AS2012 and EFB (and probably FSrecorder if it is also hooked on simconnect), which normally should not overload it; except if some of these "misbehave" or there are also other parameters.