Trying demo but cannot get it to show up in FX

Hi,

as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

What exactly do you mean with "... use the shortcut for starting the display ..." since some words before you write that you have started the DisplayUnit already?

The shortcuts 'BringToFront' and 'SendToBack' work only if FSX is the foreground window which has the focus. Please make sure that FSX has the focus.

The other shortcuts will only work if FSX has the focus AND if EFB is currently displaying a chart or the flightlog.

Please also read the operations manual, section 3, page 8.

Yes I used the shortcut Show display while in FSX window mode and nothing happens. Are you saying no display, moving map or other, will show if I do not have a flightplan in place?

Thanks for your reply,

Paul

PS, is there a video that shows how to use this software?

Hi Paul,

is there a video that shows how to use this software?

To my knowledge there are many videos on YouTube about EFB, but to be specific, none of them is made by AivlaSoft. Just search for "aivlasoft efb" and you will get a list of some videos (most of them are in English, a few are in German).

No more help? I really would like to buy this software but I have to make it work first, any advice you could give me that would solve my problem would be welcome.

It is installed correctly

All shortcuts are correct

it states that it is activated when I go into FSX

But if I use the shortcut Show 'On Screen' nothing happens, no display, no map, nothing.

I am sure it is something simple that I am missing or not doing but what?

Thank's

paul grubich

golden age simulations

Paul,

How many monitors do you have? I'm guessing that you have one, but I'm often wrong when I guess. :lol:

After you run the EFB Data Provider, what do you see when you run the EFB Display Unit? (And by that, I mean when you "run the EFB Display Unit" from a desktop shortcut or from your Program Files menu.)

Could you post a screenshot of your Display Unit here, or could email one to me? (You can mail me via [my first name] at aivlasoft.com.)

Regards,

I'm using the default EFB shortcut keys and CTRL-SHFT-F11 will bring my EFB DisplayUnit to the foreground - in front of FSX.

If this does not happen for you, please check that no other add-on or aircraft might be using the EFB default shortcut keys. The aircraft that I was flying used the EFB "show 'on-screen' menu" shortcut of CTRL-SHFT-Q for one of its views, so I could not get my EFB menu to appear.