Loading Flight Plans

Hello

This is a very good program and well worth the money.

I use Flightaware to see all the waypoint for a particular flight. Flightaware provides all the waypoint of a particular flight. An example of a flightplan from KDFW to KBOS is as follows.

NOBLY3 LIT J131 PXV J29 JHW J82 ALB GDM3

How do I copy and paste this flight plan into the display unit.

Tom

Tom,

open the "Route Setup", then "Select". You will see a text box where you can paste the ATS description.

NOBLY3 seems to be a departure route name. EFB doesn't recognize SIDs, STARs and Approaches.

If you use the following ATS description it should work (at least on my computer it does):

KDFW DCT LIT J131 PXV J29 JHW J82 ALB GDM3 DCT KBOS

Please read also the manual on this topic.

Urs

On page 8 of 13 in section 6 reads as follows:

[sID | DCT]: Use either SID or DCT to define the first segment between the origin airport and the first enroute waypoint

This says either SID or DCT. If you cannot use a SID then it should not say so. This is confusing. I have made sereral flight plans by just using DCT and they are fine.

When just using DCT and after I get the route I can add the departure and arrival just fine. The problem is that I have not been able to make the plan show both the departure and arrival on the enroute page at the same time, ie show the complete route.

Is there a way to show the complete route by the above method? Importing a Flight Plan from FSX, will show the complete route on the enroute page.

Regards

Tom

Tom,

This says either SID or DCT. If you cannot use a SID then it should not say so.
It is meant to use either the term "SID" or "DCT". SID doesn't mean the name of the SID. EFB is currently not able to analyze SIDs and STARs when parsing ATS descriptions.

I have not been able to make the plan show both the departure and arrival on the enroute page at the same time, ie show the complete route.
Will be available in version 1.0.4.

Flight Plan from FSX, will show the complete route on the enroute page
FSX flight plans doesn't differ between SID, enroute, STAR or Approach whereas an EFB flight plan does. All waypoints in a FSX flight plan are enroute waypoints and therefore they are all shown on the enroute chart.