Problem creating .rt2 files for PMDG 747....

I am sure this was OK yesterday, but today none of my routes saved as .rt2 will load into the PMDG 747 FMC. It rejects most waypoints and runways are reported as 999, example below:

// rt2 v1.0 EGBB to KMCO generated 23/03/2010 by AivlaSoft EFB www.aivlasoft.com

EGBB

KMCO

-

EGBB

-

TNT

UL28

RODOL

UP6

NELBO

UN551

NIBOG

ETARI

NATC

YAY

N184B

TOPPS

J581

ENE

J55

HTO

VS1

ORF

J121

CHS

J174

MILIE

J79

BEENO

J103

OMN

-

KMCO

This route will not fully load.

The same route generated by FSBuild2 is fine.

I am also missing ILS data for EGCC (Manchester). Could this be due to bad navdata (1003)?

Thanks.

Dazzlercee,

EFB doesn't know NAT tracks. The waypoint NATC seems to be the name of one of the NAT tracks of that day when the flight plan was created. I wonder how this waypoint came into the rt2-file?

Runway 999: I don't know why but the rt2-file requests that the runway of the origin and the runway of the destination airport must be inserted in such a plan. Because most of the time when creating and saving a flightplan these two identifiers are not yet known. Therefore I decided to always write 999 as the runway number which results in two errors whenever the flightplan is loaded into the PMDG 744 FMC. I'm also not really happy with this but I couldn't find a way to save a plan without the runways.

ILS data for EGCC
Do you miss them in the rt2-file or in EFB at all?

To explain such a situation in general: If the ILS facility is not present in the FSX-data (bgl-files) then EFB also doesn't show the ILS procedure although it might be available from the Navigraph data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

I admit I ticked the NATS option in the route planner so that is my oversight.

The reason I did this was that without the NATS option the route EGCC to KMCO was for some reason taking me south to the Canaries and beyond before lurching back north towards the destination. The FSX flight planner also does the same and I don't understand why, unless NATS are a requirement for this route to pan out as expected, i.e. across Irleand, across the North Atlantic and down the east coast of the USA.

Regarding EGCC. I commented out the entry for EGCC in Runways.txt as I use the UK 2000 Manchester Extreme scenery which has the correct runway designations of 5L, 5R, 23L, 23R. This allowed me to select SIDS and STARS for EGCC in EFB.

The ILS frquencies show in FSX but not in EFB. Could they be missing from the navdata? How do I check?

Thanks, Daz

Daz,

I ticked the NATS option in the route planner
I just realized that EFB is not properly analyze the RouteFinder plan if you set the option "NATs enabled". The route itself is read correctly but the ATS description uses NATC which is unknown to the FMC of PMDGs 744.

ILS frquencies show in FSX but not in EFB
I guess that this is the known bug which will be fixed in 1.0.4.