Connection terminated

After using EFB for a long while with no issues, I am now getting constant disconnects with the following: " Connection to 192.xxx.x.xx terminated, caused by: TimeoutSND (repeated).. I have my TCP communication Timeout sending, Timeout disconnect and Timeout Alive signal all set to 10. This problem is repeating every 10 minutes.

Very frustrating!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

Michael,

Are you using a networked setting, or is this happening on a single PC?

If networked, have you made any network / hardware changes that you could trace to when the EFB connection problem began?

Have you added any new flight-sim software which uses SimConnect in that time?

Regards,

• 2 years later...

TimeoutSND means that the DisplayUnit (or the DataProvider) did not respond within a certain time span. Either the computer itself, or the DisplayUnit/DataProvider process is short of resources and not able to reply within that time, or the network (most often if it's a wireless network) does not work properly.

Hello Urs,

I am not running this network over a Wireless network, both my Display and Date provider PC's are wired.  From the log files, I can see that the log from my Data Provider is tell me that: Connection to "IP" terminated, caused by: TimeoutSND and when I look at my Display log file it says: Disconnected by the adapter, caused by: TimeoutSND.  Does this mean that the connection from my DP to the DU is disconnecting or is it from my DU to my DP?  If I knew, which computer was disconnecting first then I could troubleshoot my connections between the 2 pc's!  Is there an .INI file that I could use to troubleshoot my connection between the DP and DU?  

I have tried multiple things from uninstalling and reinstalling EFB.  Uninstalling and reinstalling my network drivers.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Simconnect.  Changing the timeout sending from 2 to 10.  It worked perfectly on Windows 7 Ultimate, but for some reason with Windows 10 Pro, I am getting this error.  I am running the with Admin both DP and DU!  I have tried version 1.6.5 and still get the same error!

If you need me to send you, any logs please let me know.  I love EFB and frankly cannot fly without it!   Really, want to fix this problem.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

I know that reinstalling the operating system from scratch (not update from an older OS) is usually not the option that one is really liking. But sometimes it's the only thing that really helps. Especially when it is a very long time ago since the last clean (re)install of the OS.

If you can read "TimeoutSND" in the logfile of the DataProvider, then it means that the DataProvider did not get a reply from the DisplayUnit within the expected amount of time. Therefore the DisplayUnit is the 'culprit'. It the TimeoutSND is found in the logfile of the DisplayUnit then vice versa.

I found the culprit for causing the TimeoutSND error!   It is the IpV6 connection, I turned it off and was able to connect both DU and DP for more then an hour this morning without getting any disconnecting error from the TimeoutSND.  Will do a flight later on today see how it goes  8-)

Thanks for your help 

Richard