Missing folders

Eager to get started with this needed app, I just installed everything and the SP5 update on top of it all - exactly as explained in the fine manual.

I'm running the app with a remote on my second machine in network, that is:

1. Win7 64 bit - Server with installed FSX - EFB Dataprovider

2. Win XP 32 bit - Remote/Client - Display Unit

The connection runs perfect.

But on my machine 1 with FSX installed esential EFB folders are missing! - general folders are present, but these folders are missing:

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Aircrafts

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Library

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\FlightLogs

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Routes

What the heck is happening?

Cheers, Morten

Hmmm...rather frustrating not getting any support here.

I am very interested in this appplication, but so far I haven't been able to try it!

I now did a uninstall and made a new reinstall of the Dataprovider on my server machine.

Still the same issue! The Dataprovider installer still doesn't create the nescarry folders!

Morten

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Aircrafts

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Library

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\FlightLogs

C:\Users\Morten\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\Routes

The installer should only create these folders where you've installed the DisplayUnit, not on the DataProvider's computer.

Check again, but this time look on computer number 2. There is nothing wrong with not having those folders on your computer 1.

As you specify that your computer running the DisplayUnit is on XP, then the folders should be located here: C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\ My Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\...

Thanks,

Jack

Ahhhh..okay!

Thanks indeed Jack!

I have all along noticed that these folder were present on the client PC2 - however by reading the manual again I now realize that it's only the PROVIDER DATA FOLDER and the FSX FLIGHT PLANS FOLDER that has to be linked to the server PC1 - The rest of the folders should just be linked to the local PC2, then :)

OK, so now I'm actually able to try out this thing!

Regards, Morten