airport selector

it would be very helpful if the airport selector list had an additional column with the (greater circle) distance from the selected airport or current position (whichever is selected). If an additional column is not easy, Lat/Long clumn could be used as it is probably the least useful.

best regards to the team,

Apostolos

Ah, this was one of my very first wishes for EFB -- not only the distance, but the bearing too. :)

However when I thought more about this and realized how many calculations would be needed for each second that the list is updated for each of the possible airports that could be in the list at any time (24000 or so), it seemed that to do such in "moving map mode" might require a range limit itself to make the feature almost moot.

So what would you think if such were limited while in flight to airports within 50nm or so??

To be honest "while in flight" was not on my mind; I was thinking mainly while stationed in the ground, so calcs are not a problem.

While airborn, also think that a 50-100nm restriction would accommodate most practical needs.

Cheers,

Apostolos