Problems loading routes to FSX with dep/dest EBBR

Helle Members,

there's a problem I couldn't solve. Every route I load and activate in EFB with destination or departure EBBR (Brussel) couldn't be loaded in FSX.

New installation of EFB, changing AIRAC (now 1008 using) or something like that won't help to resolve the mistake. Any idea where I should have a look?

Hello Heinz,

I'm sorry to hear of the problem that you're having. I just made a simple EBBR - EGFF route and loaded the pln into the FSX flight planner which started me off at the ARP of EBBR and I took off from there fine.

Could you zip up some of your route files (the *.efbr files) and flight plan files (the *.pln files) and either post them here or email them to Urs?

Some questions - does this only happen with EBBR routes or does it happen with other airports? Are you using the stock FSX airport or a 3rd party scenery?

Regards,

Hello Travis,

thank You for the fast response. I'll pack the zips and send them to Urs, but it will take one or two days (spent much time to my workplace at the moment).

I've noticed that this issue occurs only with EBBR routes as yet, both departure and destination. It wasn't be simple to figure out the coherences. Just "FS Flight Keeper" gave me a passive hint. There is an item where You can load a flightplan to that program, but after choosing, the FP-list stayed blank.

I use the "Mega Airport Brussels" Version 1.01 for FSX from Dreamfactory/Aerosoft.

• 1 month later...

Hello Travis/Heinz,

I don't know if you ever solved this problem, but the solution is to change this line near the top of the generated .pln-file:

Brussels Airport( to this:

Brussels Airport.

The garbage characters are probably connected to the naming of the "Mega Airport Brussels" Version 1.01 for FSX from Dreamfactory/Aerosoft which I also use.

Cheers,

Søren

• 4 weeks later...

This can be fixed by editing the AFX_EBBR.bgl file from the Mega Airport Brussels X scenery folder.

Make a backup copy of the file, then open the file in an editor capable of editing binary files (e.g. Notepad++), search for the text 'Brussels Airport'. You will find two instances of the string 'Brussels Airport(' where is the single NULL character. You need to change only the first instance near the start of the file.

Replace the string 'Brussels Airport(' with some text of the same length (e.g. 'Brussels - Airport'), then save the edited file.

You need to rebuild the EFB database on the data provider. FSX will rebuild its scenery database when starting. Also load the EFB flightplans affected and save them again. You should now be able to load the flightplans in FSX.

cheers

Paul