Aircraft List

Not having much luck with responses here...

I am trying to understand where EFB gets its aircraft data from - is it just Manufacturer/Type and Descent angle thing that is added by the user?

Where does one find the Descent angles required? I had a look in PMDG 737 NGX aircraft .ini files and couldn't find the info there.

What is this actual point of inputting the aircraft name - (other than to add check lists) if the program doesn't utilize FSX aircraft data?

Or am I totally missing something - wouldn't be the first time or the last...

I normally use FSC9 which does provide a few more aircraft details.

Any advice appreciated,

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

an aircraft (from the EFB's point of view) is nothing more than a 'configuration preset'. It has nothing to do with the currently selected aircraft in FSX. Apart from the descent angle it is the 'container' for the checklists. This way you can configure these two items for different aircraft types that you usually fly. The descent angle is used to calculate the required rate of descent to the next waypoint which has an altitude restriction. The default values of 3.5° above 10000 feet and 3.0° below 10000 is a good value which suits for almost all Airbus and Boeing aircraft (and of course aircraft from other manufacturers of similar aircraft categories). You can create as many different aircraft types as you like and each of them can hold a set of individual checklists.

Hope this helps.