Unable to locate Scenery.cgf file

I have recently downloaded and installed EFB, however, when I load EFB it only finds four airports.  These are four add-on UK2000 airports. I have trawled through the manual & forum but can’t find an answer to this issue. I have FSX Steam edition which was recently downloaded on to a new computer – there are no other versions of FSX on the computer.  I have also downloaded ORBX scenery.

My settings on the EFB data provider simulators tab are as follows –

Installation Folder:

C:\program files (x86) Steam

Flight Plan:

C\users\chris\docs\flight simulator x files

Scenery.cfg file:

C:\program data\ Microsoft\FSX

Navigation data

C:\users\chris\documents\aivlasoft\efb\navigraphh fms data

(I have only installed the free Navigraph AIRAC as I subscribe to Navigraph and intend to download updated AIRAC cycles in the future).

Each time I run the ‘simulator scenery data update’ option it seems unable to find the scenery config file.

My understanding is that the scenery.cfg file is in the following folder and I have tried this option -

c:\program file (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx  

Again the data provider script states that it can’t locate the scenery config file which I am assuming is the reason it can’t locate the airports.

Are you able to assist please?

Many thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

although I don't have a Steam version installed, I guess that the installation path "C:\program files (x86) Steam" seems to be not correct. From my point of view there should be some additional folder(s).

The path to the flight plans "C\users\chris\docs\flight simulator x files" is also not properly set. I guess it should be "C:\users\chris\documents\flight simulator x files"

Hi Urs,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I had another go with the path - c:\program file (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx and this time it was successful, not sure why I couldn't get it to work previously anyway all is good now.

Many thanks again.

Chris