Start at gate

Hi

Why is it not possible to create a route that starts at the gate.

Now I can create a route in EFB, save the route for FSX, open it in FSX but then I'm automatically on the active runway.

The purpose of EFB is still the entire route planning including sid, stars but also taxi route and gate.

I can fix it together with other software, but that's not what I want.

EFB must be a complete package.

Thanx,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Real world flight plans don't have an information about the gate or parking, nor about taxiways, nor about runways, nor about procedures. But if you like to save procedure information along with the flight plan then you can do that by simply tick "Write procedures" from the "Save dialog".

I suggest the following sequence, where you don't have to manually load the flight plan into FSX because EFB can do it for you.

(It doesn't matter whether EFB has been started already or will be started later)

FSX:

- Start FSX, select "Free flight"

- press "Change Current Location"

- select airport and gate position, press OK

- press "Fly now" -> now your A/C will be moved to your requested position

EFB:

- if not yet started, start EFB

- select/create a route

- press Activate -> this will load the flight plan into the FSX flight planner and Garmin GPS system

The A/C now stands at the gate and the flight plan is loaded. I think that this way the result should be what you like.

Please make sure that the following two settings are selected:

- DataProvider: Extras > Settings > Folders: Tick "Create FSX flight plans"

- DisplayUnit: System > Settings > Miscellaneous: Tick "Create Garmin GPS flight plans"