EFB has the wrong FSX installation Folder at Startup

Hi!

I have had EFB for a very long time and I have never had an issue with it until now and I have no idea what  the problem may be. It all started after I installed a Flight Ontario scenery. The scenery had an auto installer to place it in my Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder but I overrode to install in my own scenery folder. Now, I get the following error when starting the Data Provider:

Error Simulator installation path 'E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\#FSX Sceneries\Canada Sceneries\Flight Ontario' doesn't exist.

It just so happens that the referenced path above is to where I rerouted the scenery as allowed by the Flight Ontario scenery installer.

The correct path to my FSX is C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

I have reinstalled EFB a couple of times to no avail. Does anyone know how EFB determies which is the FSX installation folder and how to override it?

Thanks in advance!

Jose

Hi!

I noticed that other software such as FTX Central were not working correctly so I decided to restore my system from my last restore point. All is good know. I guess I need to be more careful with what I install and how it installs. It appears that the registry was affected by something but I don't want to guess. In any case Thanks!