Display Unit Not Connecting to Data Provider - SOLVED!!!!

Hello all fellow EFB users and Aivla Support:)

I have a problem with the Display Unit as it is not connecting to the Data Provider (DEMO Version). Below you can find my setup and all details:

The Data Provider is installed on a separate computer, together with FSX. The operating system in this PC is windows 7 64bit and I do

have symantec firewall/antivirus software on it. I have tried to set up the firewall so that it will definitely not block anything for this program.

The Display Unit is installed on another computer, which runs with Vista 32bit. I have successfully installed both, the data provider and the display unit as per the installation guide and also I have been able to allocate the necessary folders, that so many other people have struggled with

(reading the forum).

The "home" network works, im able to access from pc to another

and also shared the folders so I was really able to set the right folders during

the final setup of the display unit.

When I then run FSX & data provider, everything goes well and no errors are found, there is connection between Data Provider and FSX. The problem starts when I run the display unit, it starts but then it just says "connecting" and nothing happens.

The network I have is established using a basic sitecom router (at least 100mbs)and as said, I can access both machines over the network with no problems.

Note: The network is not wireless, but connected with a normal network cable to the router and as said, Im able to access both pc's so the settings seems to be ok.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me find a solution to this. Any suggestions/ideas are welcome!

Thanks

Dear All,

In the meantime I was waiting reply here on the forum, I contacted Aivlasoft to ask a solution to this issue. Even though the reply did not offer the exact solution, it did made me go through every settings again and finally I found the problem.

The problem was that the server settings in the Display Unit was set to local as it should have been set to remote.... Man I feel stupid... Yes, I know how to read the manual and I did, but maybe I was too excited to get the program running so I missed that.... :lol:

Anyway, the program is up and running and after few minutes playing around with it, I decided to buy it... ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PIECE OF SOFTWARE!!!

Thanks for reading!

Cheers and happy flying!

Thomas

Thomas