Simconnect keeps being inactive

hi..i have windows 7 64 bit. aivlasoft ver 1.5.1.15702 .i have a hard time to get the airplane to move when i am ready to fly. i do eventually get it to go, but all the way thru the flight..the data provider ...says..

sim connect active ..then sim connect inactive..then a few minutes later the same thing over and over thru the whole flight..i just downloaded a new fsuipc...version 4.939e. 2march 2015.. i just have the free one. i dont know if this is the problem or not..any help is appreciated rgds ken hanson

You don`t need fsuipc/widefs for efb.

do you mean ,having 2 monitors or 2 pc`s in a network.

2 monitors on 1 pc you can stretch youre view over 2 monitors,ea with eyefinity from amd catalyst,

with 2 pc`s in a network you for some progs ,fsuips/widefs and others simconnect.

but for efb its a very easy setup . install on both pc`s efb ,the fsx pc with the dataprovider and the network pc with the display unit and folllow the instructions in settings on the network pc.

most important a working network .

thanks for the reply..i have two monitors...do you have any idea why i get the ...simconnect inactive and a couple of minutes later i get simconnect active..then a couple of minutes it goes to inactive..sometimes it will go on for 20 minutes being active then inactive during the flight..thanks for any help rgds ken hanson

I have what I think is a similar issue with SimConnect, where it is active and then inactive consistently. The display unit never actually shows anything other than a yellow symbol by the flight sim connection box. I have the demo version of EFB just to evaluate prior to buying, is this why it won't connect properly? It never tracks progress along the flight plan but it getting some aircraft info from somewhere. Any help would be appreciated, I have searched the forums and can't find anything that helps. If this is something to do with Simconnect, is there a specific version I should install? Thanks. Will

Will ...i think you should buy this program you wont want to fly without it..back to the problem, but i think i fixed my problem..i went to pete dowsons site and downloaded the latest fsuipc..i had a fsuipc that was a few years old, i downloaded the brand new one..i think it was 02 mar 2015..since then i really have not had a problem..now i just discovered to track the flight along its way you have to have...

1.a departue..2. enroute (waypoints)..3..then you have to have put in an arrival for the destination airport..4 and finally an approach...there are tons of videos on you tube of how to do this..

check this out this guy explains it really well...

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html this one for the fsuipc

..good luck rgds ken

Thanks for the advice Ken,

I will look into this and hopefully that will be it sorted. I will definitely be buying it as long as I can get it working, only got the demo to ensure it works as I've had problems with pretty much every add on to date. Probably because most of the time I don't know what I'm doing! Cheers, Will.