stuttering

OK guys, I Found the solution !

After some more testing, I found out, when switching the display to the VSD Mode, the stuttering starts, and when switching back to normal MAP Mode it is smooth again.

FS2Crew automatically switches the VSD on, when calling the "RWY ENTRY PROCEDURE", and therefore the stuttering begun.

So now after this, I am Not longer sure, if it really is FS2Crew related or more a PMDG problem.

Hopefully this Information can help you with your stuttering.

Regards

Frank

Hi gents,

Just sticking my nose in here as I don't have the NGX (well, someone has to not have it ;) ) and am trying to grasp what I think the situation is described to be.

If EFB is running and the PMDG's Vertical Situation Display is switched on manually (without FS2Crew involved or installed), does the stuttering then occur??

Hi gents,

Just sticking my nose in here as I don't have the NGX (well, someone has to not have it ;) ) and am trying to grasp what I think the situation is described to be.

If EFB is running and the PMDG's Vertical Situation Display is switched on manually (without FS2Crew involved or installed), does the stuttering then occur??

Yes, it appears every time the VSD is switched on. I allready posted this at the PMDG Forum, to see, if others also have this problem. I did not make a support ticket until now.

Regards

Frank

Hi Aivla-Support,

please let me forward this information from the PMDG-Forum to you, maybe you could do some investigation on this:

Quote from AVSIM-PMDG-Forum: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/366668-stu ... p__2305013

I talked to Alex about this earlier - he thinks what's happening is that the EFB addon and the VSD are essentially both using the same internal channels within FSX for communication. The VSD functions in a rather unique way as far as how we actually obtain the terrain data - it doesn't come from the database files the way the top-down EGPWS terrain on the ND does, it's done in real time using a special method we developed. There's quite a bit of data being sent across in order for the VSD to work and it's definitely possible that multiple addons using those same channels could cause a bit of an overload. There's not really much we can do unfortunately without seriously degrading the functionality of the VSD.

Ryan Maziarz

Regards

Frank

Is that a problem with the NGX in pre SP1c state or did it appear with the 1c version? I'm asking because it would be interesting to know if the latest update introduced that special dependency or if it's a thing being present since the NGX release.

Good morning gents,

I just come back from a very nice one hour sight-seeing flight over the Alps using the 737 NGX SP1b. The entire flight was performed in the virtual cockpit, and all the time the VSD was "ON". Flightlevel was FL150 (I know that this is not a safe altitude for the area of the Alps, but I wanted to be as close as possible to the terrain just to stress FSX). The frame rate in FSX is limited to a target FPS of 30 (which in my humble opinion is enough to get the impression of a "fluid" film). I could not encounter any stuttering and all the way long I had frame rates between 20 and 30. The more clouds were depicted the deeper frame rate I got.

Add-ons that were running:

- AS2012, which generated many clouds

- My Traffic 5.4

- EZdoc 1.17

- Switzerland Pro

- FSUIPC 4

- EFB (latest version 1.3.2 with SP1, released yesterday), DisplayUnit running on a second computer

@ Frank,

I just wanted to report that with SP1b I cannot encounter any stuttering. Nothing more and nothing less!

Did you already install the latest EFB version 1.3.2 SP1 (released yesterday)? Do you experience any difference?

And you might have read at the AVSIM forum that I already asked Ryan?

@ Frank,

I just wanted to report that with SP1b I cannot encounter any stuttering. Nothing more and nothing less!

Did you already install the latest EFB version 1.3.2 SP1 (released yesterday)? Do you experience any difference?

And you might have read at the AVSIM forum that I already asked Ryan?

OK Urs, I have to apologize. Did not see, that there was an Update.

I just installed it, it seems the stuttering is gone when activating VSD. Unfortunately I have not the time right jet to make a complete flight. I am only a User not a Tester !

Regards

Frank

• 2 months later...

I have to say that i also is not using EFB with the NGX anymore. I believe it has to do with a limitation maybe with Simconnect?

I have alot of other connections like ASE,SB4,Recorder for Scandinavian Virtuel Airlines,VR Insight CDUII, and FS2CREW but i also see micro stutter with the NGX

Michael