stuttering

Hello to everyone

Yesterday I downloaded the demo of efb wich is a great program and i'm thinking about to buy it but I have a problem I can't solve. When using efb my fsx starts to stotte like every 2 seconds. My fsx its running very smooth without efb and i noticed the stottering starts as soon as i start the data provider program.

My specs:

Core I 5 2500k @ 4 GHz

Geforce GTX 570

4 GB of ram (75% are used with fsx and efb open)

What i did for now to solve it:

Deactivate antivirus

Lower all fsx settings

Disabled moving map and display options in efb

Nothing did help and as i said above it stotters only and as soon as i start the data provider program.. This problem is what's keeping me off from buying it.

So any advice and help?

Thx to all

Hi,

very strange, never heard before.

Does FSX already stutter BEFORE the DataProvider connect to any DisplayUnit, or only after connecting to any DisplayUnit?

How many other add-ons are simultaneously running on the FSX computer?

Do you run a network? (cable/wireless)

(please, according to the forum rules, sign your posts with your real first name. Thx.)

Thx for reply,

No the FSX only starts to stutter as soon as i start the Data Provider Software. I not even have to start the Display Unit. Data Provider is started -> stuttering

I have several addons running like Active Sky Evolution, Ultimate Terrain X Europe, Ultimate Traffic 2, FS Global, several Aerosoft Airports, PMDG 737NGX..

I tryed to deactivate the all of these things in the scenery libary and using the standart Cessna on a pacific Island to get as much fps as possible but it doesnt change anything.

EFB is not running on a network. I have it running on my second Monitor.

Not just for EFB's purposes, but really all your other add-ons ...

Do you have an old computer somewhere? Even a slow one, networked to your current one can handle all your add-ons for you with aplomb. Not only gives you easy display/access, but smooths the primary computer's job right out. You need paid-up FSUIPC and WideFS, but FSUIPC is such a valuable utility you should have it running in any case.

* Orest

Nop i doesnt. And i think i dont have to because FSX is running pretty smooth its just the prob that it starts to stutter as soon as i open Data Provider Programm. Never had a stuttering before.

Maybe a Simconnect issue? Don't know im out of ideas..

Hi,

could you send me the logfiles to support@aivlasoft.com? I'm not sure but maybe there is a hint what could cause the stutter. Never heard that before ... The logfiles can be found as follows: Windows Start Menu > All Programs > AivlaSoft > EFB > Logfiles.

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. I like to know to whom I'm talking ;-). Thanks.

Hi all,

I just registered here because I wanted to report the same problem that frankyfirstt has.

I bought EFB at the end of October 2011. Then I used it until the beginning of Febuary 2012 without any big problems (network setup). I followed some issues with the PMDG 737NGX with the disappearing AI-Traffic in the display unit but I lived with it and thought it is not a big deal. I updated the system with the newest patch from January.

But with the beginning of February (I just started to realize it then) I found out that my FSX did those stutters every 2-4 seconds. I was really wondering about that because I never had any problems like this before.

After some tries with my other Add-On's I found out that the main reason is EFB. I can use my FSX with a good frame rate and all my Add-On's activated and it is running smooth. When I start the Data Provider I get the stutters. After exiting the Data Provider FSX returns to the normal function without any stuttering.

I think the details of my systems specs are not so important because FSX runs fine and EFB did in the past. I did not install any new Add-On or did any changes to my FSX.

But I think it is important to know that I am using a network configuration with Windows 7 64bit on all PC's.

Perhaps somebody else may report something about this problem or maybe a solution.

Best regards,

Thorsten

• 2 weeks later...

I am also getting these stutters in sync with the moving map/plane every second or so but it is Dataprovider that makes them. Disabling Dataprovider and everything is back to normal. SAD but maybe using the NGX,ASE and EFB is a bad combination?

For now sadly EFB is not running on my system

Thanks

Michael

Henk, Michael,

currently a new service pack is undergoing tests at the beta team. It will have some improvements concerning the AI traffic system and hopefully the stuttering too.

@Henk,

Just for a test, I would recommend to move the sliders "a bit" to the left. Maybe it helps.

I don't get any stutters ever and I use all of the above regularly.

Try moving the ground traffic (cars, boats, ships) sliders to off and that includes the airport ground traffic as well, all of those disabled together can increase your frame rate by as much as 40% depending on the PC you are using. Those items are the biggest frame rate hogs after AI Traffic, unless you are using MyTraffic X in which case they become THE biggest frame rate hog as MTX is very easy on frame rates compared to all the other AI packages available.

Hi there,

I just got the same problem. Stuttering every 2 seconds.

It looks looks like I have it just after SPc from the PMDG NGX.

I am also using the new FS2Crew Voice Command. Before the Update of the NGX and FS2Crew I have not had any problems with stuttering. For me it looks like to have something to do with the SDK, as I also read anywhere else, that the SDK from the NGX also is using Simconnect in an excessive way.

As soon I close down the DataProvider everything is fine again.

Ah one more thing. The problems starts first after a couple of minutes. The first 30 minutes everything is OK, but then it suddenly starts stuttering.

Will crosscheck with my other Addon Birds.

Regards

Frank

OS = Win 7 64 Bit SP1

If you disable FS2Crew does it still happen?

EDIT - I see there is a service pack for FS2Crew coming.

Seems there are some more problems with FS2Crew itself.

They recommend to reinstall the NGX and FS2Crew. I am just doing this, and will report back.

Regards

Frank

Reinstall of the NGX with SP1c and reinstall of FS2Crew did not solve the problem.

Still having this stuttering after round about 35-45 Min. running.

As soon as I stop the Data Provider, it is smooth again.

Also, when I do not activate the FS2Crew Addon, I have the same problem. For me it looks like it must have something to do with the SDK.

Regards

Frank

Reinstall of the NGX with SP1c and reinstall of FS2Crew did not solve the problem.

Still having this stuttering after round about 35-45 Min. running.

As soon as I stop the Data Provider, it is smooth again.

Also, when I do not activate the FS2Crew Addon, I have the same problem. For me it looks like it must have something to do with the SDK.

Regards

Frank

Hi again,

found out some new things for this problem:

For me it now looks like it is FS2Crew related, as the problem does not come up, when I totally remove FS2Crew. (only not starting the panel was not enough)

Furthermore found I out, that it always happens, when in FS2Crew the call for "RWY Entry Procedure" is done. It doesn't matter how long the Bird and and EFB is up and running.

But maybe you guys have a idea what to look at.

Regards

Frank