"Activate FP" with options?

Hi Urs,

I've found a new "bug":

I don't use EFB always from start of the flight on (I know I should, but Flightsimming is a spontanious hobby - sometimes I don't know where I land after starting and then I call up EFB to see the correct approaches :lol: )

Now the problem is e.g. with the Flight1 Cessna Mustang that I have loaded a flightplan into this bird and then during the flight I'm starting EFB to choose my approaches. Activating now the FP will cause the FSX to crash - the reason is the Mustang. That does just happen if you have selected a approach or deparure procedure in the Mustangs G1000.

Activating a FP before selecting aprocedure in the Mustangs G1000 will work - the FP is correctly loaded into to the mustang then.

Beside the specific Mustang problem I'd like to have this instant activating as an separate switch. One reason is, that I don't like the FSX ATC much and'd like to start as VFR (with ATC to get taxiways and runways) and then, later, change IFR to get vectored to the target. Not real, but FS ATC is rubbish as you surely know.

But automatically activated FPs from EFB are always IFR!

Ok, I could save the FP in a second edition via FSX as VFR and then load it again etc... but that is not handy.

Best solution would be an separate button "send FP to FSX" in addition to the "Activate" Button. Or in the options to choose if FPs should be sent automatically...

Do you think this could be possible?

Beside this, could you think theres a solution for the Mustang Bug?

(I know its not your fault, but maybe you have an idea... but at least you know now about that problem and can make a note somewhere)

Thanks very much!

Günter

Günter,

I'm afraid that I can't be helpful concerning the Mustang "bug" because I don't have it on my machine, so testing and finding a solution can't be done. Sorry.

Best solution would be an separate button "send FP to FSX" in addition to the "Activate" Button. Or in the options to choose if FPs should be sent automatically...
Did you uncheck the option "Create FSX flightplan ..." from the DataProviders settings (see "Folders" tab)?

Did you uncheck the option "Create FSX flightplan ..." from the DataProviders settings (see "Folders" tab)?

Ahhhhhhhhhh......... :lol:

very good!

ok, maybe you will think also about a second "send FP" button"... ;)

Yes, with the Mustang don't be afraid.

Just think about it if other user "complain"....

Anyway I can highly recommend this nice plane!

thanks as always!

Günter

I also support the idea of a separate "Send FP to FSX"-option because usually i want the flightplan to be activated and saved to harddisc but not to be loaded into memory because some FMCs don't like those Flightplans with SID and STAR already included when loaded from memory (i.e. F1 Mustang and some more). I prefer to choose SID and STAR manually in the respective FMS.

Usually i load the needed flightplan from the website of my VA and load it manually in FSX then copy-paste it also to the EFB (because EFB gives me an error when i try to load the VA-Flightplan-File directly). But when i hit "Activate" in EFB it gets overwritten in memory by EFB. So it would be a great feature to choose as an option if i want the flightplan to be saved and loaded to FSX or only saved.

Best regards

Ingo