Online Traffic

Maybe the difference is between VATSIM and IVAO? I'm flying on IVAO.

Probably, yes. Did IVAO users always see all traffic before the latest EFB version? If so, perhaps the changes made to improve the visibility of traffic in the latest version has benefited VATSIM client users but not IVAO users.

It might be a good point to switch to VATSIM, it's much better anyway! ;)

Thanks,

Jack

I have an account on VATSIM as well and I have tried it a couple of times but all the hassle trying to get the online traffic to display in the correct liveries made me switch back to IVAO every time and this was also the main reason I chose IVAO over VATSIM many years ago now.

I have an account on VATSIM as well and I have tried it a couple of times but all the hassle trying to get the online traffic to display in the correct liveries made me switch back to IVAO every time and this was also the main reason I chose IVAO over VATSIM many years ago now.

The traffic issue is an odd one, Iwonder could it be anything to do with the IVAO update feed which is slightly lonegr than the VATSIM one.

Regarding getting traffic in the right livery in VATSIM I have never had an issue with this but then again I use Fsinn which allows you to match aircraft correctly or manually.

When using WOAI models it has never presented a problem.

Anyway each to their own. All the best

Wycliffe

Would be interesting to hear if something did change in the latest update that actually could cause these issues with displaying online IVAO traffic. The traffic is shown, it's just not consistent and you can never be sure if surrounding traffic will be recognized and displayed by EFB or not and surely that is a bit annoying. My temp solution to this now is to also use ServInfo to check for traffic around me.

As for correct liveries on VATSIM I tried all available clients including FSInn with no luck having all liveries show correctly in an easy way but maybe I missed something. On IVAO setting up the client including all liveries you can think of is a simple Next, Next, Finish type of thing all fully automated. Anyway I'm happy just being able to fly online regardless of what network I'm on since it gives you so much more of that real feeling compared to flying offline.

Richard,

Would be interesting to hear if something did change in the latest update that actually could cause these issues with displaying online IVAO traffic.
There has been changed something in the logic. Several issues could have been eliminated this way but it seems that the IVAO AI traffic now is worse than before.

If you encounter such a situation where you don't see traffic on the DisplayUnit but you know that there must be some traffic, please open the AI aircraft monitor (from the DataProviders menu 'Extras' and have a look what is listed there. The AI aircraft monitor shows the unfiltered and direct outcome of FSX. If there is nothing in the list, then the DisplayUnit cannot indicate traffic, if the list is populated but the DisplayUnit is not indicating this traffic, then it's up to EFB. Are you running a lot of additional add-ons when flying online? Do you run a networked installation?

Thanks Urs but I know about the AI traffic monitor already, I believe we discussed this in this very thread. When I have this problem nothing is displayed in the monitor which would then indicate its a FSX or IVAO problem since you say the output is unfiltered but I'm still puzzled because I didn't have the same amount of issues with displaying online traffic before I updated EFB with the latest SP and I haven't changed anything else in FSX or to my IvAp setup since that would affect online traffic...only installed a couple of airport sceneries.

I'm running in a networked environment with both IvAp and EFB running on a second PC.

This is not a major problem, only a bit annoying when you can't really trust that the surrounding traffic indeed is displayed by EFB but I realize you can't do much about it if the problem is not within EFB.

Richard,

I'm running in a networked environment with both IvAp and EFB running on a second PC.
Any chance to test with IvAp on the same computer than FSX is running?

It is also important to know whether ALL pilots flying on IVAO are having the same problems, or does it affect only some of them?

In one of your posts you mentioned that you couldn't see an aircraft on the ground which was close to your aircraft (left or right side, at the gate). Did you check this via OTPV or were you already connected with IvAp and you did this check via TRFC? If it was via OTPV, please bear in mind that the delay can be up to five minutes.

Guest William

I get generally the problems as Richard and I have everything on one computer with two screens (if that is any help which it probably isn't :oops: ).

I'm not very tempted to be honest to start messing around with my IvAp setup now that I have it working because it was a pain setting it up and have it work with all SimConnect configuration etc. But noticed William said above he has the same problems as I have and he is already running everything on the same computer.

When I've seen this problem where I see other a/c in FSX but not in the AI monitor or on the EFB charts I have TRFC enabled and not OTPV.

Guest William

Now here's a strange thing. I reinstalled UT2 today and took off online with IVAO enabled on the route setup page and could see online UT2 generated traffic (checked with the Eye and there was no online traffic with over a hundred miles). Could not understand why the UT2 traffic was showing as it should be disabled when IVAO is enabled. Disabled IVAO on the route set up page and UT2 traffic disappeared. Re-enabled IVAO again and the UT2 traffic reappeared. It showed on the AI traffic monitor.

It did disappear again after a while as per the other thread.

I do have the same problem with suddenly disappearing IVAO traffic and frequencies.

DU and IVAO Eye are on a networked PC. I noticed a message on the bottom of the screen "No URL available in c status file". But the Eye is working.

Peter

I believe that error note ("No URL available in c status file") could represent that the EFB service could not contact any of the listed network servers.

If that is the case, then sporadic dropouts would be "an unfortunate problem." However if there are constant dropouts that could be a sign of a more serious (network-wise) issue.