RDPreset's EHRD gives a 'APT Filter OFF' message.

Hi Urs,

I bought this product and after install I had a display in the EFB without taxiways and 'APT Filter OFF' in the top right corner.

The producer wrote that they never have tested their product on AIvlaSoft EFB which I consider a bl....y shame. ;-)

They have even abandoned P3D and are probably focussing on MSFS and do no longer support P3D. "Sort it out yourself", was the kind answer. 

I uninstalled the thing and put it in the trashcan.

Just one question.... "Am I right that the APT Filter OFF message is because the AFCAD is incorrect?" and "Is there a difference for AivlaSoft in the way it handles AFCADs in P3Dv4 and P3Dv5?"

Would be nice to know. After all I have spent a reasonable amount of time to get it work.

All the best,

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

the criterion for the "APT Filter OFF" message is usually insufficient RWY length. In the case of EHRD (which I also have from RDPresets) it means, that the minimum RWY length stipulated in the applied profile is greater than the available RWY length. The RWY length of the EHRD Add-On from RDPresets is 2196 m. If the value in the active profile (See tab "Filters", RWY Min length) is greater than that, the warning will be shown. AFCAD Handling is more or less the same in MSFS, although the term "AFCAD" is no longer used there. It's just handling of the ground layout BGL.

As an example: if you use the default profile for the Boeing 747-8F or 8i, the required RWY length is set to 2200 m. Therefore some 4 m are missing... it's all digital these days...😉

@lonewulf47

Hi,

Thanks for the insights. If you are using RDPresets EHRD on P3Dv.5 and not having a chart without taxiways, the troubles I had was probably by P3Dv4.5. Still... I consider it not very professional that RDPresets is not continuing support on P3D and have not tested with AivlaSoft EFB.

Dirk