Data base scan hangs reading P3D5 Addons.cfg file.

PeterDowson

I am using the latest EFB2, and it has been fine ... till now. I installed the Aerosoft Brandenburg scenery yesterday and now the Database scanning hangs. I attach that, along with the latest .Log files I can find.

Here's a pic showing the hang reading Add-Ons.cfg:

image.png.b0b2671975b2ed10f41accb55e9a61dd.png

Can you help, please? The airport map shown for EDDB is completely wrong (using default data I suspect).

Thanks,

Pete Dowson

add-ons.cfgAivlaSoft.Efb.DbBuilder.exe.log20230222_124603549_AivlaSoft.Efb.DbBuilder.exe.log

20230222_095727963_AivlaSoft.Efb.DbBuilder.exe.log AivlaSoft.Efb.DbBuilder.exe.log

• PeterDowson changed the title to Data base scan hangs reading P3D5 Addons.cfg file.
5 minutes ago, srcooke said:

The add-ons.cfg is from a P3Dv4 install ?

Is it? Whoops, sorry. I must get around to deleting some of those folders. I've attached the correct one now, I hope!

6 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Regarding the airport map have you enabled Brandenburg in the Aerosoft configuration for the airport, otherwise I believe it is SCHONEFELD is depicted.

Yes, it is enabled, and Schonefeld is "listed" as EDDB2 -- but not selectable. I think that covers the original Northern side. ProSim's database for it shows correctly in the ProsimIOS mapping. Also my Makerwys deals with it properly and Pilot2ATC maps it correctly.

Here's the correct CFG file, and the airports list from AddOnOrganizer, in priority order.

Pete Dowson

SceneryExport.html

add-ons.cfg

Hello Pete,

the add-ons.cfg file contains a wrong entry on line 2. [DiscoveryPath.0] is not within quotation marks and it also has not a boolean value.

The logfiles you provided are not from EFB.

To automatically collect all the necessary logfiles, please create a support file. Thanks.

Hi,

Sounds like the "Aerosoft One" installer has a bug then, But I wonder why it affects EFB2 and no other scanning programs? Since I last generated a good EFB2 database there's only been that one install -- Aerosoft EDDB.

I searched for Aivlasoft database logs with today's or yesterday's dates, as I thought they must be relevant. But i'll try to remember to create a support file next time -- if that a facility in the Database Builder, or does the Server (and therefore P3D too) have to be run?

Regards

Pete