Invalid routing

reitho

My System:

WIN10 64 bit Prof.

Mega Airport Cologne-Bonn Professional, Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional, Mega Airport Madrid, AS_SIM-WINGS_PRO_MUNICH-P3DV4_V1010, FSUIPC 6.1.9, AIRAC 2207.Prepar 3D v4.5,                   FS Commander 9.7 Rev. 5, PFPX 2.04, GSX v2.9.3 + GSX Level 2, PMDG 777-200LR-F, SODE_v1.7.1, EFB v 2.2 #133

Transmission error between SimBrief and EFB2 client.

When opening the flight plan in EFB2 the message Invalid Routing appears. In SimBrief the FP is displayed correctly but not in EFB.

How can I correct or delete the incorrect SID?

ZGSZ.jpg

ZGSZ.jpg

Hi Urs!

The Download Function is EFB. Is this correct, Download your latest flight plan from SimBrief => Start

The flight is from ZGSZ to EDDM Takeoff from RWY 15 and Landing is RWY 08R.

TOM9WD TOMUD R200 LH R339 WUY R474 NOB W21 BQ B214 AKSAG B465 CEA A791 BPL L639 RASKI L301 RAGMA N571 IVOXI M557 TUMAK T602 ORSOL L602 TASMI UL602 ALPET L718 KABAN UL718 INB UL746 ODERO T86 MATEL T746 ARGES FLR AGNEP MOPUG MAVIR SASAL RUPET AMADI Q113 NAPSA NAPS1B

Hi Reinhold

Thanks for this additional information. I can reproduce it.

It seems that there is a tiny bug in SimBrief when they are generating the ICAO-FPL which is part of the downloaded XML-file.

On their webpage the first element in the routing (the name of the departure route) is properly named as TOM9WD (see next screenshot)

webpage.png

But in the ICAO-formatted flight plan, which is part of the downloaded XML-file, the first element (name of the departure route) is wrong, because the name is too long, see next screenshot. And BTW, the last element (arrival route) is also not properly named (NAPSA4A, instead of NAPS4A).

icao.png

Therefore the message in EFB about the invalid element is correct.

Hi, the answer from Navigraph is.

Edited by admin (added link to the original poster):

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/invalid-topic/8667

This actually isn’t a bug. SimBrief expands the SID/STAR names to their full names for the ATC FPL. In the AIRAC data, procedure names longer than 6 characters aren’t possible, so “NAPSA1B” is shortened to “NAPS1B” (the same logic is used for many SID/STARs, including many in Europe).

Since SimBrief’s ATC FPL follows all applicable real world rules, the full SID/STAR names are used. For example, trying to validate a route with “NAPS1B” with Eurocontrol will return an error. Only “NAPSA1B” is recognized.

For Aivlasoft’s part, they will need to handle this within their software I’m afraid. Both route variations (with either short or long procedure names) are available in the XML data file SimBrief provides. It’s up to Aivlasoft to parse the correct one based on their needs (right now they are reading the full procedure names, whereas clearly they need to be using the shortened names instead to match the AIRAC data).

As an example, the route string with full procedure names can be found in <atc><route_ifps>, and the shortened version is in <atc><route>. It seems like Aivlasoft might be reading the full ATC FPL instead at <atc><flightplan_text>, and if so, they may need to perform a string replace, using the <atc><flightplan_text> as a base and replacing the route from <atc><route_ifps> with <atc><route>. That’s just one possible approach as an example, another option is to rebuild the ATC FPL string using the individual data under <atc>. The best/easiest solution will depend on their needs of course.

Feel free to forward this info to Aivlasoft, and they are of course free to contact me directly if they require more guidance or have any questions about this.

Cheers,

• 7 months later...

The demo is fully functional, except from the 30-days limit, so you should receive any updates.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:34 PM, bigchief73 said:

I experienced the same thing today travelling from CYEG to KSFO

According to the change log long procedure names are allowed since v2.3.134. I also did a test to verify it again. So either your installation is not up to date, or there is another issue than the OP has reported.

Thank you for the help. This only happens when I use my simbrief ID and import it into the system it does not allow the flight plan to be started due to the naming convention. I do have version v2.3.136 and followed the installation process too a T. I guess I am not clicking something for it to go through but once I can figure this out I will buy the software as it is excellent and awesome. I appreciate your time and support on my matter.