EFB doesn't fit my screen

Hi,

I got myself a second PC to run addon programs for FSX like EFB etc. My second computer is a HP Mini and I have a problem when running the EFB DisplayUnit on it...sometimes all information doesn't fit the screen. For example, if I go to System-Settings-Charts it looks like this and as you can see the last three options/settings is not visible and since there isn't any scrollbar on the right hand side I can't even scroll down to them. I have tried pressing TAB several times hoping that will make the hidden options appear but to no avail. I have a similar problem when activating the Vectors function when looking at the ground chart where the rwy labels often or maybe even always appear outside the screen so they are not of much help.

EFBdisplayproblem.jpg

Maybe it's me missing something here but to me this appears to be a basic programming/design issue when you have windows that won't scale down depending on the chosen resolution in Windows nor showing a scroll bar when it's needed when not everything fits on the screen. My HP Mini screen resolution is set to 1024x600 and that is the recommended resolution.

Thanks in advance for your comments on this!

Hi Richard,

My HP Mini screen resolution is set to 1024x600 and that is the recommended resolution.
I'm really sorry to say that, but 600 is not the recommended resolution. Please have a look at the requirements on our website (http://www.aivlasoft.com/products/index.html). There you can see the following line: Screen resolution: minimum 1024 x 768, recommended is 1280 x 1024

Sorry for being unclear, what I meant was 1024x600 is the recommended resolution for my HP Mini Netbook PC.

Since I bought EFB long before I bought the HP Mini I honestly have never checked the EFB requirements on your site...my bad.

I'm not sure if I might be able to increase the resolution by using another driver for my HP Mini but I doubt that considering how tiny the actual screen is and I don't want to use a magnifier to be able to see the icons :lol:

May I ask why you have this minimum resolution requirement for EFB, wouldn't it be possible for you guys to use standard Windows windows instead that would work regardless of the resolution and where you have scroll bars allowing you to display what doesn't fit on the screen?

Have a look here.

Yep...already did that and as far as I can tell I won't be able to go any higher than 1024x600 with my HP Mini due to hardware limitations so my only hope would be if the EFB developer guys could:

- make the EFB screens scale depending on the chosen resolution

...or...

- include scroll bars so I can manually scroll myself to get to the info that is currently hidden due to my screen resolution

Too bad I didn't think of this before I bought the HP Mini because the main reason I bought it was to be able to use EFB on a second PC while flying on my main PC where I have FSX installed.

• 1 month later...

Waking up an old thread here...sorry about that but just wanted to let you guys know I got sick of not being able to watch EFB the way it was meant to so I cleaned up my desk and did some re-arrangements so now I have a 21 inch monitor running at 1600x900 connected to my HP Mini Netbook and in a word...WOW did this transform EFB almost to what feels like a new program :D

With this new "tool" on board it almost feels like cheating having all info so easily available ;)

Thanks for this GREAT application !!