Stop the Startup POP UP

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Damo said:

The popup when you click hide, hides and then reappears again.

That's because loading is not yet completed at this stage.

Displaying a startup screen is supposed to inform the user about the status of the loading process and has been a Windows standard since the early days of Windows. I can't understand what bothers you about it.

11 hours ago, Damo said:

I'd second this. 

The popup when you click hide, hides and then reappears again. 

Yes.. when you I click hide, it will reappear.. 😂 

My main problem with this, is that I use multiple monitors and that popup appears in the middle monitor and TopMost... 

popup.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Urs and Oskar, if the popup is the biggest thing affecting a few users you should congratulate yourselves on producing a magnificent program.

I haven’t posted in a while because EFB works perfectly for me. Still running P3D v5 and loving it (and EFB). 😁

If no display appeared people would complain they don’t know if it’s working! You can’t win! 🤣

Well try running it in a network environment. You hide the pop up and it then pops up a second time. I already knows it’s running as I have hidden the pop up once. 

It won’t be a big deal to have a tick box in the settings would it? 

And I am not complaining. I am asking. 

I am not sure why people have to be so rude tbh. It’s unnecessary. 

19 minutes ago, CharlieGoulding said:

Well try running it in a network environment. You hide the pop up and it then pops up a second time. I already knows it’s running as I have hidden the pop up once. 

I run the EFB display on a network PC. I divide the screen between EFB and LittleNavmap. In years of using EFB it’s never been an issue. The popup display is only there temporarily in any case. As soon as the program loads the popup disappears and the main EFB display appears.

I launch several programs on the network PC using AlacrityPC. That way I don’t need to access that desktop once the process has started.

Yes, you asked and the developer gave his reasons why he won’t be changing it. But you persisted which could also be considered rude.

Actually the developer didn’t say that, he said he can’t see what bothers me with it hence why I continued. 

Nuff said from me. Won’t be using it anymore as I am going to switch totally to Navigraph Charts as I pay monthly for that. 

Shame as been a loyal customer for many years. 

Shame? WHY? Just because I do not implement all the personal wishes of every single customer? If every single wish would always be implemented, in the meantime we would have hundreds of check boxes in the settings dialog. This would make the dialog very unclear and confusing, and it would also require the same, or an even higher number of 'if-then-statements' in the source code to follow and check all the conditions and this would make the program slower. These are the reasons why I do not implement all wishes, it's not that I don't want. It would be nice if you could see this little difference.

BTW, the popup is programmed to be displayed at the center of the Client window. It has nothing to do whether it's in a network environment or on a single machine. I'm running several instances of the Client in a network and the popup always is being displayed at the center of the Client and not at the center of the screen. So something on your system must definitely be wrong. Only for the very first time (after initial installation) the popup appears in the middle of the screen when the file "clientFormState.txt" (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Settings) does not yet exist. This file will be written when the Client window closes and contains the position and size of the Client window, so the popup knows where it has to display itself upon next startup. Maybe this file does not exist on your system because of a too aggressive AntiVirus program?