Visibility in Aivlasoft when doing a grp flight with joinFS

Robert

the question is whether joinFS does inject other airplanes from your group as AI-Traffic into MSFS in order to be read via FSUIPC. EFB does not 'know' who or what is generating the AI-Traffic, it only reads AI-Traffic. If no AI-Traffic is provided then no AI-Traffic can be be depicted.

BTW, MSFS does also not provide the Multi-Player-Traffic as AI-Traffic and therefore Multiplayer-Traffic can also not be depicted.

2 hours ago, robert_folmer said:

Good day

If doing a grp flight with joinFS and MSFS AND not being on VATSIM what do I need to do in order to see the other grp members in the EFB.

Regards

Robert

We also use JoinFs for our group flights.  will be great to add the whazzup file to EFB just like vatsim or ivao. I can get that JoinFS whazzup read out in LittleNavMap using the custom URL.

It has to be distinguished between flying 'online' (either VATSIM or IVAO), or flying 'offline'.

When flying offline, AI-Traffic depicted in EFB is either artificially generated traffic by MSFS, or one of the other options of traffic available in MSFS, or externally generated and injected AI-Traffic from third-party add-ons. EFB is reading this traffic via FSUIPC but does not 'know' who or which is the generator of this traffic.

When flying online with VATSIM or IVAO, there are two ways of getting traffic data. For details please see the manual "5 EN Client.pdf", chapter 13.2 'Online data' as well as 13.6 'Traffic'.

When I was writing my first answer above, I was assuming that joinFS is generating and injecting traffic data into MSFS, but obviously it doesn't. If I'm right then joinFS provides data of other group members only via a download similar to VATSIM or IVAO.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, aivlasoft said:

If I'm right then joinFS provides data of other group members only via a download similar to VATSIM or IVAO.

Hi Urs,

I am not too sure. What I do know, irrespective of what sim you sue if you use joinFS we are visible to each other in each others own individual sim.

But we are not connected to Vatsim and thus not visible in EFB.