NGX and Simconnect Fix

Guys,

I dont know if this has anything to do with the problem being now fixed for me but I recently OC'ed my i& 950 to 4.01Ghz and since then, I have had no problems what so ever seeing traffic in EFB. I was having the issue before but now it seems to be working perfectly. Just thought I would let you know in case the extra power was the solution.

Chris Verner

I run on a client PC and the fix doesn't work for me :(

I also run on a second computer, and so far all Vatsim traffic has been appearing. I'll have to hope that this continues.

Jack

I too run the DU on a client PC but alas the SP1 for trhe NGX has done nothing for me. It's all a bit of a mystery sometimes I see traffic close by sometimes I get just a glimpse of traffic for a minute perhaps, most of the time my EFB display is resolutley empty of VATSIM traffic.

Wycliffe

I know of a few pilots that had some issues with SP1 and the NGX and couldn't get traffic to appear in EFB.

They ended up removing the NGX entirely from their PC, reinstalling it, apply SP1 and voilà... traffic in EFB.

Not sure if this will resolve the problem for everyone, but it is worth a try.

I've had to remove and reinstall the NGX for issues with the aircraft, but I still have no traffic showing in EFB.

I really find it quite sad that neither developer really seems to take this seriously.

It's not as if either addon are exactly 'cheap'.

Six months ago I would have ventured that version 2 would have debuted before the end of 2011.

That goes to show how poor my estimates can be. :lol:

My current estimate would place "EFB 2.0" to release within 6 months, but please see above as to my prognosticative abilities. :oops:

As the (shameless plug) Avsim Gold Star Award Review of EFB 1.3 says, Urs worked on version 1 for 2 years before its initial release. Version 2 will not take as long obviously, but any quality work will take its own time.

There will be the odd screenshot released as testing begins and features become more solid, so let that be a guide as to an ETA.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having issues with this, sometimes I see aircraft most times I dont and now its happening no matter what I fly.

The other evening I flew for two exams on VATSIM, out of liverpool down to Cardiff. I could see plenty of traffic inbound when I was on the grd at Liverpool, I could see them coming down the ils and landing, there tags changing to non existing as they got on the grd. I saw one go around at liverpool with his tag visible.

Once I got airborne nothing, nada, zilch.

Arriving at bristol number one to land with traffic inbound and on downwind legs I saw nothing again. Not until I was on the grd did I see traffic, as it should be depicted. I am terribly frustrated by this as it only seemed to appear as a fault when i got the damn PMDG.

Looks like I will have to wait for v2.0 or do a complete uninstall and complete a fresh download to see if that rectifies the problem.

Wycliffe