NGX and Simconnect Fix

Hi everyone,

Have been using NGX and EFB for about a week now with no simconnect issues after making a change in the simconnect.xml file.

So, now all the AI aircraft show up on the board, and stay on the board, and UT2 planes do not disapear from FSX anymore.

To see if this works for others who are experiencing this issue, I have pasted the change you need to make below, and it is very easy.

Please note, for every addon that requires simconnect, via network or on the fsx pc, count each addon as 5. So for example, I have UT2, NGX,EFB,ASE, so that makes total of 20.

So, scroll down to 10< Default number is 10, Now change it to 20. If you have 5 addons that require simconnect, make that number 25. reboot computer.

This is not a proven fix till it is tried by other users, otherwise I will look a complete goose, but I have been running now for a week with no more simconnect issues using the tweak. Please reply in this thread your results.

Simconnect.xml can be found in the same folder as your FSX.CFG. I would suggest using notepad + to edit the xml, to be safe. Just type Notepad + in google, it is freeware.

Edit: For those who fly online, Vatsim, IVAO etc, this may work for you, I don't know as I do not fly online. Maybe you have to up the numbers a bit, i'm not sure.

Regards

Julian

It didn't work for me. My MaxClients was already set to 64 and I have increased that number to 512 but traffic still disappears after some time.

I've not tried it yet, but I'm pretty certain that you've misread Julian's post.

- You need to work out how many applications you're using that requires SimConnect, add those up. The best number to set will be based on that. Try re-reading the post 8-)

Thanks,

Jack

It didn't work for me. My MaxClients was already set to 64 and I have increased that number to 512 but traffic still disappears after some time.

As Jack said, you need to manipulate the number a bit. As there is so many variables when dealing with simconnect (Pity aces only half did the job) that this may not work, if it all for some.

It is possiable down the track, I add another SC required addon, and then I am back to square one.

Now, if you are wondering if the creators of simconnect understood how it worked, probably not, and we can be forgiven for not understanding it either.

I think if you have the number too high, that has the same effect if it is too low.

Don't be disappointed if it does not work for you, I am sure someone will offer a better solution than I have.

regards

Julian

One thing I should mention, and it is a paradox, that FSX can suck the life out of SC, and SC can suck the life out of FSX.

For example, I did a flight (in the NGX) from Monastir in Tunisia, to Berlin Tegel, once you get to italian airspace the ai traffic starts to build up, even more so in German airspace, and UT2 @100% stayed on the display unit. Landed at EDDT, ai still on the DU. (GEX and UTX, and GAP EDDT.

Next flight, KSFO (flightbeam with AS SFO cities) to KLAS (Mega Nevada, AS Las Vegas Cities, and FSDT KLAS) Ai stayed on the board till I reached the border at Nevada. This is when resources are starting to bite, AI started to drop off the DU. abeam KLAS, OOM error, end of flight. I have a fairly high end system, and even in the MD11, it OOM's at that very spot. Do I need to up the numbers in the SC xml ? probably not, removing AS cities or Mega Nevada, yes.

Now the flight I did in Europe as described above, if I did the same flight with the default number @10, the AI falls off the DU.

Something to think about, whilst having a coffe and listening to your GPU fan breaking the sound barrier.

Regards

Julian

I read this whilst on my hols and have looked into it. I would seem to have a problem as my simconnect.xml file has only this

<?xml version="1.0"?>

SimConnect
SimConnect.xml
False

False
Auto
local

Doing a search the only other reference I have is in the SDK folder where there are examples. Why would I have it like this? The SDK was properly installed (I thought). As someone rapidly closing on three score+ten I do not tinker with this sort of thing as I hate reinstalling so some knowledgeable advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT

Sorted it with the help of THIS

• 1 month later...

I've not messed about with any of the fixes mentioned in this thread but I am now using the NGX with SP1 which was released earlier today and I am currently flying the new 700 expansion and the AI traffic is currently showing on the map even when the NGX is in the air, let's see if it lasts.

I've not messed about with any of the fixes mentioned in this thread but I am now using the NGX with SP1 which was released earlier today and I am currently flying the new 700 expansion and the AI traffic is currently showing on the map even when the NGX is in the air, let's see if it lasts.

I'm too running the NGX/SP1 : the FSX AI traffic is there as it was before but what is really new with the brand-new NGX SP1 is that I saw for the first time today on my online flight YSCB-YMHB with the 737-900 NGX an IVAO traffic rather close to my route at FL340. This a/c was displayed on the Eye as well.

I did a complete reinstall of the NGX and SP1 and I have no traffic on VATSIM and get CTD's. The CTD's may be related to view swapping but I dont think so. Next experiment will be to try a flight off line with just ai traffic to see what happens.

Wycliffe

Wanting to try the simconnect.xml modification, but no such file is present in the directory with fsx.cfg (in my case C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX), and -yes, I have turned on "show hidden files". Any suggestions?

- Peter D.

Guest William

If you run on a network then you probably have not installed SimConnect from the FSX disk. If you don't run on a network then you don't need SimConnect.

If you need help setting up SimConnect try THIS

If you run on a network then you probably have not installed SimConnect from the FSX disk. If you don't run on a network then you don't need SimConnect.

/ASXDocumentation/networkedconfig.html]THIS[/url]

Thank you, William. I gather that this fix doesn't apply for those of us running everything on one system. Unfortunately SP1 hasn't solved this problem voor me.

I run on a client PC and the fix doesn't work for me :(

Don't know why, but I was just assuming the NGX SP1 would sort this out.

This is a real 'party-pooper' for me. Can't see any way round it other than trying to run another addon at the same time. Sort of defeats the object though.