Why do I see more runways at EDDF than in real life.

Tobias

Deutsch:

Ich sehe in EFBv2 (Enhance/ Update Runways) 

wo bei EDDF nur eine 18 hat und keine *

zb EDDF 

18L

36R

18R

36L

Englisch:

I see in EFBv2 (Enhance/ Update Runways). 

where at EDDF has only one 18 and no *

e.g. EDDF 

18L

36R

18R

36L

help.JPG

• aivlasoft changed the title to Why do I see more runways at EDDF than in real life.

Tobias,

First question is: Which designer created this airport?

Second question: if your EFB Client is running, please select EDDF as your active airport. Then press on the info button ('i') on the right side of the button 'Airports'. This will open the airport information window. There you can see a list of files which are used to depict the airport. Either number 1 or 2 is the path to the main airport BGL-file.  Can you provide this file for further investigation?

22 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Tobias,

First question is: Which designer created this airport?

Second question: if your EFB Client is running, please select EDDF as your active airport. Then press on the info button ('i') on the right side of the button 'Airports'. This will open the airport information window. There you can see a list of files which are used to depict the airport. Either number 1 or 2 is the path to the main airport BGL-file.  Can you provide this file for further investigation?

Hopefully these are the 

Aerosoft - Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional

EDDF_ADEV4-OP01.BGL EDDF_AFX-HLD.BGL

Tobias,

thanks for the files. I had a look into them using ADE (Airport Design Editor) and I can see that the runways 36L/18R and 36R/18L are somewhat fake runways. I have no idea why the designer of this airport created these two fake airways.  Both of them have a length of 60m which is 'bad luck' because EFB is filtering fake runways which are <= 50m.  In other words, EFB cannot do anything, you would need to edit the BGL file to remedy this.

You may try to use the EDDF file for the EFB database from the 'Download/AFCAD' section of this forum. Please read carefully the instructions on that page and DO NOT REPLACE YOUR AIRPORT IN THE SIMULATOR, use it only in EFB.