MSFS 2020 - Database builder skips every scenery

ingoke

Hello,

all of a suddon I can´t create a new database anymore. Today I had to delete the content.xml file in the localcache folder because of problems during the installation of Navigraph navdata and now the database builder excludes every single scenery. What can I do? I added the logfile. Maybe you can see what is happening.

Thanks!

Ingo

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

Ingo,

not every single scenery is skipped, only these directories which do not contain relevant data for the EFB database. It is still scanning 3949 BGL-files which might be OK.

From the logfile I can see two different kind of errors:

1) The access to the path: C:\Users\Ingo\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\elhakimi-eddf-terraforming\scenery\world\scenery\eddf-terraforming-scene.bgl is denied. You have to check your system why this problem occurs.

2) Some of the paths from the PC-6 addon are getting to long. This is a known problem with MSFS because its paths are sometimes unusually long.

If you ever come to the point where you will do a new installation of MSFS, try not to use the default path instead of an own partition. This will significantly reduce the length of certain paths.

For the time being I recommend that you try to fix error no. 1 and then try again. BTW, creating a new database is only required if there is not yet a database available for the simulator type. If you already have a database, just use the function "update database". For further details please consult the manuals.

Hello Urs,

thanks for your response. For some reason installing the new Navigraph cycle solved all of my problems. It didn´t have anything to do with your (great!) software. I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the server. That´s why I had to create a new database.

Happy New Year!!

Ingo