Fly By Wire Experimental Version - Custom Flight Management System

Damo

Hi, 

I downloaded the FBW Experimental Version which has the new cFMS. I noticed that changes to my flight plan via EFB were no longer reflected in the aircraft. None of the departure, arrivals or Direct To's seem to to anything. 

The cFMS is supposed to correct and enhance the MS FMC backend, but is it now incompatible with EFB?

Hi Damian,

I take it that you are talking of the A320neo for MSFS from FlyByWire. There was never an EFB compatibility promised nor intended and neither did we ever envisage it. The only thing we could achieve (and this only by observation, not by intention) was that the A320neo was able to follow an EFB flight plan, when it was transferrred by the "resend GPS route" button. This transferred Flightplan however was not properly showing on the ND. Nevertheless it was accurately followed by the A/C. That's the way I personally use it to-date. I refrain from using experimental versions.

In case an advanced FMGC version is working better than all previous ones (which in fact were useless), you need to remove the "Forward flight plan to default GPS" option in the A320neo's profile and use the FMGC as the sole source for navigation for the A/C as you would do with any other Airbus or Boeing. EFB has no internal functionality built in for custom Flight Management Units. The same applies for any other Flight Management System in any other Simulator, e.g. also for the well known FSL Airbus.

Hi, 

Yes it was understood this is a FBW "issue".

A quick chat on their discord with the devs suggest they want me to log it to see if they can ensure compatibility in the future with external tools such as EFB.