Error messages keep popping up

flyinggizmo

Hi Don,

I'm not really sure what you are talking about. You are getting EFB error messages popping up in the cockpit ?? EFB does not isse any warnings in the simulator. All issued warnings are restricted to either the Sever window or the Status Line in the Client, but NEVER in the simulator.

Hi Oskar. It's the server error message box that appears in the simulator ( a smaller version of the one in my post )

This happens every time it detects one of the errors and I have to close it with it's menu.

If I'm not explaining it clearly enough I'll try another flight later and screenshot the result.

Many thanks ..... Don.

This is an old screenshot of the window in question. The EFB continues to work with no problem but the appearance of this popping up when you're in the middle of a flight is distracting and ruins the immersion. Even if the error messages aren't important, is there a way to inhibit the popups.

Thanks again ..... Don.

Aivlasoft (2).jpg

Well, to be honest, I don't know the way of installation of all your programs. There is no reason for the Server window to pop up due to a new entry. Such messages can always happen due to many reasons and in most cases they happen due to connection problems mainly with internet servers for various reasons. But his does not mean that the Server Window should get the focus! Here I can't see any such behaviour. The Server window remains in the background and any message should not call it into the foreground i.e. should not set the focus for it. I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Maybe someone else has an explanation for such behaviour?

In addition to what I said, have you ever tried to use the "go to tray after startup" function in the Server settings?

Is there anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Thanks for the quick reply Oskar. I've already got it set to "go to tray on startup" and that's how I get rid of it in the sim via the file menu.

However on checking this I've noticed that there's a "suppress Active Sky Web API calls" so I'll activate that & see if it makes a difference.

I'll report back ....... Don.  ( I am using Active Sky with X-Plane ).

Aivlasoft.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@lonewulf47  Hi Oskar. Unfortunately I'm still getting these persistent error messages popping up in the sim.

As you can see from the screenshots I've tried "suppressing Active Sky WebApi calls" but it's made no difference.

The system icon sits in the tray normally so I can't understand why it suddenly pops up on screen when it sees an error.

It seems to be working fine otherwise but ideally I'd like to eliminate these popups somehow as it's ruining the immersion.

Appreciate any further advice / suggestions.

Many thanks ...... Don.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi Don,

when an error happens it pops up by design to not oversee any important information from the Server. It is assumed that the Server runs without errors so If an error is logged it is treated as abnormal situation which has to be managed.

So let's focus on the error which seems to be raised due to a data inconsistency in the VATSIM download. When it happens next time please create a support file from the Server and upload it here. The support file will contain the latest data download from VATSIM and I can check it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am adding to this post, since I have the very same problem. The server window pops up with this error message very frequently. EFB continues to work, but this is very annoying, since the window in deed does get the focus and I have to send it to tray again.

Maybe someone can tell me, what this error means and how can I stop this.

Thank you

2021-10-15 23_44_03-AivlaSoft EFB Server.png

On 10/18/2021 at 7:41 AM, aivlasoft said:

With the next update #129 many of the error messages caused by inconsistent data downloaded from either VATSIM or IVAO will no longer be categorized as 'error'. They will be logged as 'debug' messages and therefore the Server will then no longer pop up.

Brilliant!   Thanks Urs

Don.