question about descend rate

so the a/c editor leaves us with the option to alter the degrees for descend.

i wonder how you figure out the degree of any given aircraft? it is my humble understanding that you can alter the fpm (feet per minute) - but i never saw nor experienced a way to insert an angle - am i missing something?

then i might ask:

is the wind component included in the calculated tod point?

no matter what degree i put into the pmdg md-11 - say 2.0 or 2.2 - the tod is never coinciding with the excellent built-in fmc.

the same applies to the TOC (top of climb).

the initial indication is not very accurate - however it adjusts over time as the md-11 approaches its assigned cruising level.

in summary:

i would not rely on the information for TOD calculated by efb for this aircraft. the indication by its fmc/mcdu is far more accurate and reliable.

RT

Hi "RT",

Operations manual, section 8, page 2:

Accuracy

There is one word to say concerning the accuracy of the values shown on the FIP. Since EFB doesn't know the exact performance values of each aircraft and engine it is just using the information available by FSX. That means that the calculations are mainly based on current groundspeed and vertical speed. This is a simplified way and not a highly sophisticated calculation method, but it does give you good data about the progress of your flight.

BTW: Please, according to the forum rules, sign your posts with your real first name. We like to know to whom we talk. Thanks.