DIR TO issue (V2.2 Build #126)

So I seem to be having the problem where the EFB stays on the first waypoint even after I cross it, with the distance going up. When I press DIR TO, it opens the window, hidden, and when I try to click on it, it never comes up. Anyone else have this issue and/or have a fix for it?

I'll upload the support files later, but yes, it happens in-flight. I'll be moving along and suddenly, even though I cross a waypoint, it doesn't register that I passed it, therefore causing the distance to count up. If I select DIR TO to just changed the waypoint I am headed towards, it opens the window on my Windows taskbar, but when I select it, the window to go direct never comes up, thereby not allowing me to go direct. I have tried restarting both client and server when this happens, to no avail. It doesn't always bug on the waypoints, but I can never access the DIR TO window.

Hello,

thanks for uploading the files. It seems that two issues happened together.

The first issue has to do with the 'Vector' path terminator for the SIDs in CYHM. Because a vector has not a specified end position, it's handled as a virtual waypoint in EFB. Virtual waypoints are not visible. This would require to explicitly select a DIR-TO to SIKBO after passing ZHM, but this is not obvious as long as SIKBO is already displayed as the next waypoint on the sidebar and in the flightlog. The second issue is the not opening or not being visible window for selecting the DIR-TO waypoint.

Both should be fixed with next update which should take place within the next two weeks.

As an addition to what Urs replied, I would like to point to a specific behaviour of "hidden" windows. Usually - and that's how I have seen it a few times - the "hidden" window is minimized in the taskbar. Hovering over the Client's symbol on the taskbar will also show a miniature of the missing window. Clicking this "minimized" window will bring it back to the Client Screen. Unfortunately this "hidden" state will also prevail after restarting the client.

1 minute ago, lonewulf47 said:

As an addition to what Urs replied, I would like to point to a specific behaviour of "hidden" windows. Usually - and that's how I have seen it a few times - the "hidden" window is minimized in the taskbar. Hovering over the Client's symbol on the taskbar will also show a miniature of the missing window. Clicking this "minimized" window will bring it back to the Client Screen.

I have tried that on multiple occasions. However, it would never bring the DIR TO window forward to access.