Airport Altitude Discrepancies

Over the last few days I've witnessed and quite a few instances that the altitude displayed on the EFB does not correspond with the 'real' altitude of the airport.

For example my last flight to Basel (LFSB) where the altitude is 880" but in the EFB it shows 24" ...

Are both "navigraph-navdata" in the Community Folder -AND- the latest "AIRAC" for Aivlasoft wrong with the altitude of this airport?

The other airports were mainly in South America because that's where I fly most of the time in May. I've decided to do a continent every month in all the splendour that MSFS provides.

The airport elevation is taken from two sources: either from the airport scenery, or from the AIRAC cycle in the Server's AIRAC folder, depending on the situation. For procedure based data (SID, APP) the elevation from the AIRAC cycle is used, for all other situations the elevation from the BGL-file is used.

The elevation is not taken from the Navigraph Navdata in the community folder. Navigraph navdata from the community folder is only used for navaids such as VOR, NDB, ILS.

Which AIRAC cycle do you use and which airport scenery?

To which place in EFB Client do you refer in your post above?

The last airport that I've noticed this was Basel (LFSB) where the EFB says: ELEV 24" ... but in reality the airport is at 880"

This is for the JustSim scenery - BUT, I've already asked them about the elevation and they've confirmed that in their scenery it is:

Elevation: Rwy 15 = 886" and Rwy 33 = 882"

# I'm using the latest AIRAC release.

[See attached picture]

efb.jpg

That is indeed very very weird / strange ...

... and I have no idea why the two airport (FSDT and JustSim) will show up differently. I think I have the FSDT version somewhere because it came out with a discount if I remember correctly. Will install and see but I doubt if that's the problem because I encountered the same thing while flying in South America.

21 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

ICAO: LFSB, Lat/Lng 47.58838, 7.53119, MagVar 1.8, Elev 24ft

Now, why will the dev tell me that the elevation is correct ...? Will copy / paste this to him in an email. Thank for clarifying this ... and I suspect that the airports in South America have a similar problem.