Synchronize EFB Flight Plan w/ MSFS 2020

CXA001

Sorry if someone has already asked this question, but I couldn't find anything on it.

If I make a change in my flight plan in EFB (SID, STAR, departure or arrival runway) is there a way to synchronize this with the flight plan in MSFS 2020?

At present, I load my FP from SimBrief in MSFS 2020, but if I make any changes in the my flight plan with EFB, my flight plan is deleted in the sim.

Regards,

Hi Marc,

this may depend on the A/C used. For all default A/C there is no need to load the flightplan into MSFS. As long as you have ticked the "forward flight plan to default GPS" in the respective A/C profile the entire flightplan is forwarded automatically into the default GPS. Unfortunately the SID, STAS and APP do not show in the GPS map. Nevertheless the FD/Autopilot is following the whole routing accurately including SID, STAR and APP.

This even works with the FlyByWire A320neo mod, but unfortunately there also will be no SID, STAR and APP visible on the ND. Nevertheless the Autopilot follows all procedures accurately. With this A/C my flightplan handling is as follows:
- load the FPL via SimBrief into EFB

- load the FPL vie SimBrief into the A320neo

- modify the flightplan in EFB with all necessary procedures

- do NOT modify the FMGS flightplan onf the A320neo

- at the end, when all modifications are done, transfer the complete flightplan from EFB into the A320neo using the "Resend GPS Route" button on the "Settings/Miscellaneous" tab

Whenever an inflight modification needs to be done, do it ony in EFB. the modification will be transferred into MSFS but unfortunately it does not show up on the map. Nevertheless the A/P will follow the modified flightplan accurately

The reason for handling the "autopilot flightplan" differently to the "GPS MAP flightplan" is unknown to us and still one of the mysteries of MSFS

HTH

22 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Follow up on this one - What is the correct procedure to enter the landing runway data into the FMS while not messing up the arrival data? 

33 minutes ago, Damo said:

Follow up on this one - What is the correct procedure to enter the landing runway data into the FMS while not messing up the arrival data? 

There is no procedure that will not mess up the FMGC data. Just do NOT modify the FMGC data. To make the ILS available enter the frequency in the RAD NAV page. The whole procedure entered in EFB will properly be followed by the A320's autopilot, even when the routing is not shown in the NAV display.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 3:57 PM, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Marc,

this may depend on the A/C used. For all default A/C there is no need to load the flightplan into MSFS. As long as you have ticked the "forward flight plan to default GPS" in the respective A/C profile the entire flightplan is forwarded automatically into the default GPS. Unfortunately the SID, STAS and APP do not show in the GPS map. Nevertheless the FD/Autopilot is following the whole routing accurately including SID, STAR and APP.

This even works with the FlyByWire A320neo mod, but unfortunately there also will be no SID, STAR and APP visible on the ND. Nevertheless the Autopilot follows all procedures accurately. With this A/C my flightplan handling is as follows:
- load the FPL via SimBrief into EFB

- load the FPL vie SimBrief into the A320neo

- modify the flightplan in EFB with all necessary procedures

- at the end, when all modifications are done, transfer the complete flightplan from EFB into the A320neo using the "Resend GPS Route" button on the "Settings/Miscellaneous" tab

Whenever an inflight modification needs to be done, do it ony in EFB. the modification will be transferred into MSFS but unfortunately it does not show up on the map. Nevertheless the A/P will follow the modified flightplan accurately

The reason for handling the "autopilot flightplan" differently to the "GPS MAP flightplan" is unknown to us and still one of the mysteries of MSFS

HTH

Oskar, have you noticed with the last few dev versions of the FBW A320Neo the ARC no longer works? I mentioned it to FBW team but their response was they weren't sure how EFB gathered the info from FBW. Does it work on your end?

6 hours ago, Tinpanva said:

Oskar, have you noticed with the last few dev versions of the FBW A320Neo the ARC no longer works? I mentioned it to FBW team but their response was they weren't sure how EFB gathered the info from FBW. Does it work on your end?

Not sure what you are referring to. Anyway as I NEVER use dev versions from the A320neo mod, I have no clue what the issue is. Are you referring to a DME-ARC? The answer from the dev team is - like always - very cryptic. We do not gather ANY information from FBW. We only transmit information in the form of the well known "EFB_current_gps.pln" in the "\local state" path of the basic FligtSimulator install. That's all.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, semoi said:

Hi

I'm looking for the opposite effect, I just wish that when I create SIDs and STARS in EFB, it doesn't delete my FMC flight plan.
I would like there to be no link between EFB and MF2020.
Is this possible please?

Thanks

A very good solution would be to read the manuals... Manual 5 Client: Chapter 12.2.8: Options: "Forward flight plan to default GPS"...