Airport RJCC not auto displaying

portanav

Hi, I installed an airport scenery RJCC (New Chitose Airport, Japan this airport replaces the old airport Chitose RJCJ, Japan. What is happening is when I load the airport RJCC into P3DV45 instead of EFB2 showing me the airport RJCC it shows the airport RJCJ. I have to manually enter the RJCC airport in the EFB2 client to display the correct one, and I don't like having to do that. How can this be rectified?

I used the "ICAOCodeReplacements.txt" file and entered RJCJ=RJCC, but that did not fix the problem.

Screen prints attached of the auto display and the manual display on the client - rjcc1 is the auto display, rjcc2 is the manual display; as you can see the new airport changes are omitted in the auto display.

Thanks,

Michael.

rjcc1.png

rjcc2.png

Hi Michael,

I fear that this cannot be fixed other than switching to manual mode.

When in automatic mode, EFB determines the active airport by the shortest distance between the aircraft and the ARP (Airport Reference Point) of all airports. The closest airport is taken as the active airport. If two airports are located so close to each other, EFB most probably will switch between these two airports when you taxi around. When starting up at another parking or gate it might be that the other airport is taken as the active airport.

57 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Michael,

I fear that this cannot be fixed other than switching to manual mode.

When in automatic mode, EFB determines the active airport by the shortest distance between the aircraft and the ARP (Airport Reference Point) of all airports. The closest airport is taken as the active airport. If two airports are located so close to each other, EFB most probably will switch between these two airports when you taxi around. When starting up at another parking or gate it might be that the other airport is taken as the active airport.

OK, thanks. Maybe you can consider in a future update allowing the user the chance to elect a preferred airport in such circumstances. Example in my case, where the new airport is in such close proximity to the old one, that I choose the new one over the old (in AUTO).

Thanks again. Just in case I did not mention it before in a previous post, your EFBv2 is a fantastic addon to my/any Sim (mine is P3Dv4.5) Always looking forward to your updates with new and improved features.

21 minutes ago, portanav said:

OK, thanks. Maybe you can consider in a future update allowing the user the chance to elect a preferred airport in such circumstances. Example in my case, where the new airport is in such close proximity to the old one, that I choose the new one over the old (in AUTO).

Hi Michael,

Just to add in here: Unfortunately there is - at least according to the Japanese AIP - no such thing like a "new" or "old" airport at present. There are just two airports. The naming "New Chitose" is more or less accidentially. At present it even looks like they want to keep both airport Codes: RJCJ as domestic and RJCC as international airport of the Sapporo Area. That's what makes things so difficult for us...

16 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Michael,

Just to add in here: Unfortunately there is - at least according to the Japanese AIP - no such thing like a "new" or "old" airport at present. There are just two airports. The naming "New Chitose" is more or less accidentially. At present it even looks like they want to keep both airport Codes: RJCJ as domestic and RJCC as international airport of the Sapporo Area. That's what makes things so difficult for us...

Oh, OK!

I'm now trying to solve the problem of these airports with GSX and its gates control. It seems GSX is choosing the old airport RJCJ for its gates over RJCC where as I am on the new airport RJCC. However it is correctable using the GSX ini file. According to their manual and Umberto at FSDT.