Last waypoint in Flightplan sometimes is missing.

bobsk8

I have had this problem since I first got EFB V2, and reported it back then ( maybe a couple of years ago) . After awhile I just got used to it figuring it was something in my setup. Now I am no longer flying P3D V3.5, I now am on MSFS 2020 on a brand new PC, and having the exact same problem. If I Have a flight plan that has say 5 waypoints in it, W1,W2, W3, W4 and W5, when I look at the flight plan after it loads into EFB, I will only see the first 4.  I then after to use Insert to insert W5 into the plan. Now if I have a couple of waypoints, and then an airway, followed by the last waypoint, the last waypoint is always there. 

Since everything is new in the last two months, new install of EFB, new Sim, new PC, it has to be something in EFB that is causing this. I always load my FP from Simbrief downloader, MSFS 2020 reads the FP with no problem, my ATC program , PF3, also reads it with no problem, the GPS unit in the aircraft has all the waypoints, but not EFB.  Now this is not a major problem, as I have gotten used to looking at the FP after I select it in EFB, an if I see the last waypoint is missing, I just insert it. But It would be nice if I didn't have to do that.  Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Strange story. Can you reproduce the behaviour for specific flight plans? Or will the same flight plan work correctly once and then not again another time?

Also, if you have specific examples of flight plans where you observed the issue, may you provide the details, so I can test it on my system?

Do you use the integrated SimBrief connection from EFB to load the flight plan. Or do you export the file from the SimBrief Downloader and then select this plan in EFB?

2 hours ago, KiloJuliett said:

Strange story. Can you reproduce the behaviour for specific flight plans? Or will the same flight plan work correctly once and then not again another time?

Also, if you have specific examples of flight plans where you observed the issue, may you provide the details, so I can test it on my system?

Do you use the integrated SimBrief connection from EFB to load the flight plan. Or do you export the file from the SimBrief Downloader and then select this plan in EFB?

Here is a perfect example which is a flight I am going to do right now. . I use the simbrief downloader which loads the FPL into both EFB and Msfs2020.  Downloader is set for EFB V2.  Then I select it in EFB. The waypoint LAVBA ( the last one) is missing. You can see that this waypoint( wp #3) is in the plan. 

EDXWEKOD01.efbr

Thanks for the example, Bob. Comparing the flight plan exported from SimBrief and one created by EFB itself, I can see that the route string is different, and explicitly lacking the waypoint LAVBA in the version from SimBrief. So my best guess currently is that the route string and wpt list is compared by EFB and only waypoints are considered that are included in both places.

If this is the case, something is not right with the export by SimBrief and it might be necessary to advise Derek.

Did you try to use the option to directly download your latest flight plan from SimBrief yet (Tab "Internet" in the "Create flight plan" window)? Maybe this works better.

1 hour ago, KiloJuliett said:

Thanks for the example, Bob. Comparing the flight plan exported from SimBrief and one created by EFB itself, I can see that the route string is different, and explicitly lacking the waypoint LAVBA in the version from SimBrief. So my best guess currently is that the route string and wpt list is compared by EFB and only waypoints are considered that are included in both places.

If this is the case, something is not right with the export by SimBrief and it might be necessary to advise Derek.

Did you try to use the option to directly download your latest flight plan from SimBrief yet (Tab "Internet" in the "Create flight plan" window)? Maybe this works better.

The Flightplan I sent you is the one that simbrief created with all the waypoints in it. It was sent to MSFS and that program reads all the waypoints. It was also sent to EFB, and all the way points are there as I pointed out.  EFB is leaving out the waypoint Lavba, and it has been doing that to me for over 2 years, with 2 different PCs, and 2 different flight sims. 

I'm assuming you are not using the EFB file format for MSFS. Just because the MSFS export works doesn't mean it's an EFB issue. I've tried already to point out the missing waypoint in the routing string of the EFB file.

image.png.9af8058c6185e846133b5772327c5d37.png

The situation for your latest flight plan is exactly the same. I'm afraid but there seems to be an issue with SimBrief creating incorrect formated EFB files. If you change the marked part to 

Routing=ASMUS ROSRA LAVBA

everything is fine.

So I would encourage you to bring this issue to Dereks (the developer of SimBrief) attention, preferably via the SimBrief forum.

13 hours ago, KiloJuliett said:

This function I already mentioned is using a different export from SimBrief, so this might work even if the EFB file is formatted incorrectly. Give it a try.

20 hours ago, KiloJuliett said:

I don't see that direct download option in Simbrief?