My EFB 2 Client does not find in its database the airport where I landed yesterday... (MSFS)

Trinidad

As per title, I landed yesterday at CYWG and my EFB was used to create and follow my flight plan successfully. It also clearly depicted that airport for me to taxi to parking. This morning, when I start my flight from the same airport, my EFB client shows a white screen, when selecting the airport with the search tool, it tells me that this airport is not in the database.

What I did between yesterday and today is an update of MSFS, an update of my database in the server, an AIRAC update for P3Dv4.5 with Navigraph.

In this respect, I probably made a mistake because MSFS has its own AIRAC and I mistakenly updated it with the Navigraph content as well. So I deleted this Navigraph database and wanted to install the MSFS AIRAC instead. Wrong move again, I select the proper product (box version), the proper location (no yellow bar), but when I click on Next, I get a yellow box, No Database found.

Attached are my log file of this morning as well as the database log file..

Thank you..

serverLogfile-3.txt

dbBuilderLogfile-3.txt

Hi Jean Claude,

Difficult to say what went wrong with your updates. Just run them again: First "Update Navdata" to update all EFB's database with the new AIRAC Navigraph data (2013 I guess) and then "Update Simulator" to update EFB with the Navigraph data for MSFS. That shoud do the work. the second step is always necessary because the Navigraph Navdata for MSFS is a package within the Community folder.

DbBuilder.thumb.png.a2c6ffabaf37f8353cb57088eca626d2.png

Thanks Oskar, I did as suggested, but I am still stuck with a white screen on my Client. When I click on FPL, I get an unhandled exception.

In my database log file, there is 1 error:

Error   : The APPX file can not be accessed because it is not encrypted as expected.     at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)   at t.t.o.a.t.v(String A_0, Int32 A_1)   at t.t.o.a.t.v(Action`1 A_0, ManualResetEvent A_1)   at t.t.o.a.mo(Action`1 A_0, ManualResetEvent A_1, String A_2, String A_3, ts A_4)   at t.t.v.h.z()   at t.t.v.h.g()

If I decipher this message above, it could be related to a registry change I made also yesterday related to accepting Long File Names. I changed it again to remove that option, rerun the updates and found a new error message instead saying that the file name was too long!... and the rest of the error message remains the same. So it looks like I am stopped both ways: with and without the long file names enabled.

Do you have any suggestion please?

Hi Jean-Claude,

I'm sorry but there is no APPX file for EFB. What kind of file should this be?

I suggest that you first solve the issue with the too long paths because this is a Windows problem. Having a look at the logfile in your first post I see that this path was logged as too long, it has 275 characters:

C:\Users\Simulateur\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\Asobo_A320_NEO_Austrian Airlines 1978_V1.0_8K\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_A320_NEO-Austrian Airlines 1978 8K\TEXTURE.Austrian Airlines 1978 8K\Without mask texture

Maybe a clean and new installation of MSFS into a separate partition would be a good idea, e.g. "D:\MSFS". This way the subsequent paths below "Community" will have more characters free without running into the problem with the too long paths.

The other suggestion would be to uninstall add-ons with such long path names.

I finally found the problem: I had selected the folder "Package" precisely on the dedicated MSFS SSD where the Community folder is. But I discovered - by accident - that Windows had created another MSFS folder on my C drive in Users>AppData with the replication of all my MSFS Community files... I was not aware of that and I am worried because if all my MSFS add-ons end on this C drive it will be full in no time and it defeats the purpose of buying a dedicated SSD for MSFS!!!

So I made the change of folder for the creation of the EFB database and all is now back to normal on Server and Client, no error message and my last airport is loaded automatically on the Client. However, I am really worried about this duplication, is this normal when you have two SSD? I was very careful when installing MSFS to send it to the E drive, and it is indeed there, but why do I have all those files on the C drive as well??? I realise this has nothing to do with EFB but a clarification would be welcome.