Avlaisoft v2 slows down

dehart

Since some days I have a problem with EFB v2 with slowing down during the whole process re database building (abt 11 minutes, mainly "creating aitports repository"), starting up the Server (abt 3 min., mainly "loading database files airports") and the Client (abt 6 min.,mainly "loading database files airports" and "applying profile" and "applying profile airplanes" ).

Also, when everything has been settled (after abt 9 min.), the use of the program itself is also very slow and every action is retarded!

All other programms work during a flying sessie properly, as may be expected, such as FSX, ActSky, Navigraph, Vpilot etc.

For comparison, executing a data base building for LittleNavMap costs abt 35 seconds!

What is here going wrong?

Hello ??? (According to the forum rules please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks)

I don't know how big the installation of your simulator is, but 11 minutes to build a database is quite a long time. The other problems you reported are all subsequent issues because of the big database. Can you create a support file from the Server and then upload it here?

Hi Jos,

yes, these are the ones requested. Thanks for uploading.

It is weird, indeed. I can only see that the process of creating the airports database takes a lot of time, but since there is no error logged, I must assume that the cause for this long time is beyond EFB. I can only guess because I don't know your system. Maybe the HDD is too slow, too fragmented? Maybe too much other running processes/applications on this machine, maybe too low memory? Have you ever had a look at the Event viewer from Windows? Maybe there are some issues logged in the Windows Event Log?

Hi Urs,

My PC system is rather new with CPU Ryzen7/Ram 16 GB. OS is W10/64. All used programms re flightSim are on SSD.

Most of all apps are not started up. In the event viewer are no clear warnings re this subject noticed (I regulary check these logbooks).

During flighing only the necessary programms are active.

As stated before the problem starts some days ago without any reason ( no udate etc). All other programms such as FSX, ActiveSky, VPilot, NavigraphCarts work fine.

Starting a database in LittleNavMap, with about same files, I guess, it costs only abt 35 seconds and it works with no delay!

As far as I see it the problem must be found in the EFB2 (maybe somewhere in the settings), but how/where?

Hope you or somebody else can help me, because working in this way is not very pleasant!

Regards, Jos

21 hours ago, dehart said:

As stated before the problem starts some days ago without any reason ( no udate etc)

As far as I see it the problem must be found in the EFB2 (maybe somewhere in the settings), but how/where?

EFB has also not changed, last update was mid December 2020 which is almost a month ago ... so why shall it be the cause for the problem which started a few days ago? There must be another cause.

Starting a database in LittleNavMap, with about same files, I guess, it costs only abt 35 seconds and it works with no delay!

Sorry, but this is comparing apples with pears. I don't know what LNM is doing when creating a database, I only know what EFB is doing, and I also know that LNM and EFB are most probably do a rather distinguish procedure.

Hi Urs,

It's a pity we didn't find any reason for my problem with EFB2. So I have to search further in my environment.

If I don't succeed, I have to look for an alternative, although I love your EFB2 and work wih Aivlasoft alteady for years (incl. EFB1).

If there is something I have found, which is related to EFB2, I will post it in the forum.

Thanks for all your effort to me!