Unable to change Database

fishgoblue

I have been using EFB v2 for all my xplane flight and here recently I have been using it for MSFS 2020.  Today I tried switching back over to Xplane and I opened the Database builder, select my Xplane DB, click select, is shows that XP is selected. Open EFB2 Server as admin, but it is open to MSFS.  Even if I click change and go through that process it STILL will not switch over to XP.  I even selected the update simulator tab and that did not work either.   So how can I get the server to switch over to my XP and will I be able to switch between the 2?

1 hour ago, fishgoblue said:

I have been using EFB v2 for all my xplane flight and here recently I have been using it for MSFS 2020.  Today I tried switching back over to Xplane and I opened the Database builder, select my Xplane DB, click select, is shows that XP is selected. Open EFB2 Server as admin, but it is open to MSFS.  Even if I click change and go through that process it STILL will not switch over to XP.  I even selected the update simulator tab and that did not work either.   So how can I get the server to switch over to my XP and will I be able to switch between the 2?

Scott,

I'm not sure whether I understand correctly what you mean. At the Server Screen you have the Button "change". Pressing this button starts the DbBuilder.

DBBUILDER.thumb.png.7d9f2b1aa2cb847cb496e6f13a49d1d9.png

Here you select the desired Database. This will activate the "Select" button. Pressing the "Select" button starts the server with the selected database. Are you telling me that this does not start the selected database? In your description I read that you start the Server separately? That't the part I dont' understand.

Here's the correct order to change the database:

1.) Start Server

2.) click "Change" -> the DbBuilder will start

3.) select the desired database

4.) Click "select" -> the Server will start again with the selected database

5.) Start Client

Needless to say that you can do it also when the Client is already running. There is no extra (or separate) starting of the Server required.

Be aware that you should do the database change without running a simulator of any kind. Start the simulator after the database change has been completed, using the proper FSUIPC version (no FSUIPC required for X-Plane).

Yes I did it that way too.   I did not have anything open while doing this.

steps I have done:  open Database builder - click on the Xplane database and click Select - Open Server - server shows MSFS at the top(did not change) - click Change button on the right of the server window - it opens Database builder - I click Xplane and the select - it opens Server - Server still shows MSFS.

Everything I have done and everything you have said to do does not change the Server from MSFS to Xplane.

Yes I am using the correct version of FSUIPC for MSFS, that is not my issue.  I am UNABLE to switch the server to xplane.

1 hour ago, fishgoblue said:

Yes I did it that way too.   I did not have anything open while doing this.

steps I have done:  open Database builder - click on the Xplane database and click Select - Open Server - server shows MSFS at the top(did not change) - click Change button on the right of the server window - it opens Database builder - I click Xplane and the select - it opens Server - Server still shows MSFS.

Everything I have done and everything you have said to do does not change the Server from MSFS to Xplane.

Yes I am using the correct version of FSUIPC for MSFS, that is not my issue.  I am UNABLE to switch the server to xplane.

Scott,

I have no idea why this does not work on your end. Best would be to delete all databases (just use the "delete" function in the DbBuiler, nothing else required) and rebuild all. I'm afraid that troubleshooting would be too time consuming. Rebuilding the databases is quickly done.