Potential Enhancement

Source41

I was thinking of a nice enhancement for the EFB would be the ability to add the calm wind runways to the data so that when you are selecting your dep/arr runway if the wind is under a calm wind threshold it will have a suggestion of which runway to use.

Not sure what you are referring to. We already display suitable and non-suitable RWYs according to the prevailig wind conditions. Suitable in that context means that the limits laid down in the present aircraft profile are observed. See attached screenshot. All RWYs depicted in GREEN are referred to as suitable.

YSSY_WIND.png.5d3225ced7232fba64cbe2d1018770e8.png

Greyed out means non-suitable - mostly for wind limits. It might however also be non-suitable due to length requirements. They are nevertheless selectable. A quick look to the Weather tab will also provide immediate access to the present wind data.

Yep I understand that and use that feature a lot but what I am thinking about is being able to show in the remarks that for example that at EGLL when the tail wind component is less than 6 knots than the 27's are default in calm wind. It's usually more of a planning feature but I think it would be a nice addition.

PFPX_eJ5lwz1lSw.png.aac1bb477d58d5f89d0ccf8d81240b76.png

Example of how pfpx can be set.

Yes, I see what you mean but I'm afraid that we are unable to implement such limits. It would require individual limits for each airport inorder to reflect a certain operation regime due to winds. One limit for all will certainly not be suitable as there are airports where e.g. take-off RWYs (or landing RWYs) are maintained up to the max. tailwind limit due to several restrictions, be it operational or geographical. In addition to that this would be an additional database which need to be maintained manually, as there is no such information available worldwide in reasonable form.