Remote client stucks at "synchronizing.."

Petermuc3

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Bob,

could you please provide a set of support files so I can have a look into them.

Are you running MSFS? Then COM frequencies cannot be set from EFB yet. Please see the limitations here: https://www.aivlasoft.com/msfs-limitations.html

I am using P3D version 3.4 Now I can't Client to run at all. It is using 25% cpu cycles when trying to load, and task manager says " Non responsive. Can't get client to load at all now. 

Client_202012250957.txt.zip Server_202012250957.txt.zip

24 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Thanks for uploading the support files. Apart from 'timeouts' I cannot see any suspicious entries so I don't have a clue what's the cause for the problems on this computer.

Question, if this problem continues for me, I have a backup drive with all my programs on it redome every 2 weeks.. If I just copy the EFB folder from backup ( prior to this latest update) , to my C drive, should that work? In other words, is everything in the EFB folder? I hate to have to spend a half hour everytime I fly rebooting the PC, and restarting everything when EFB locks up. . 

21 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

If I just copy the EFB folder from backup ( prior to this latest update) , to my C drive, should that work?

No, it will not work, because Registry settings and content of Data Folders have changed.

From the logfile I can see that Client, Server, ActiveSky and Simulator are all running on the same computer. I don't know whether some more add-ons are running at the same time? The specs of the computer are at the lower edge and maybe memory also plays a role in this regard. If you try to run just EFB Client and Server, but no other add-ons and no simulator, does it then work?

11 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

No, it will not work, because Registry settings and content of Data Folders have changed.

From the logfile I can see that Client, Server, ActiveSky and Simulator are all running on the same computer. I don't know whether some more add-ons are running at the same time? The specs of the computer are at the lower edge and maybe memory also plays a role in this regard. If you try to run just EFB Client and Server, but no other add-ons and no simulator, does it then work?

Everything off, same thing. When Client starts, CPU on Client immediately goes to around 28% and windows says program is not responding. Before update, everything ran as smooth as silk for years. 

1 minute ago, bobsk8 said:

Do I unistall current version first, then install new download?

Yes.

Before you run the uninstaller, please make a backup of the following folders. These folders can be restored after a new installation of the same version.

Server:

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AFCAD

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\License

Client:

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Minima

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Profiles

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Routes

After installing the Server and Client, but BEFORE you run them for the first time (untick the option "Run Server", or "Run Client" on the final dialog of the installer), restore the above mentioned folders to the same location. Overwrite new folders if necessary.

9 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Yes.

Before you run the uninstaller, please make a backup of the following folders. These folders can be restored after a new installation of the same version.

Server:

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AFCAD

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\License

Client:

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Minima

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Profiles

C:\Users\Bob\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Routes

After installing the Server and Client, but BEFORE you run them for the first time (untick the option "Run Server", or "Run Client" on the final dialog of the installer), restore the above mentioned folders to the same location. Overwrite new folders if necessary.

Well I already unistalled client and server, before reading your post, but i have all files on my backup drive, so  that should work. I already ran sever, so I guess I will unistall that and start over. 

I guess that the following path to the file 'scenery.cfg' is wrong:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes\scenery.cfg

Usually this is as follows:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\scenery.cfg

I have no idea where the part 'SceneryIndexes' comes from. Did you enter this manually, or maybe does it come from a restored serverSettings.txt file?

Just now, aivlasoft said:

I guess that the following path to the file 'scenery.cfg' is wrong:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes\scenery.cfg

Usually this is as follows:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\scenery.cfg

I have no idea where the part 'SceneryIndexes' comes from. Did you enter this manually, or maybe does it come from a restored serverSettings.txt file?

Yes, I got it fixed and DB is rebuilding now. 

Got everything running. Looked normal. I went to switch frequencies using EFB, the second I did that, EFB froze up exactly as before and CPU usage stuck on 28% and program not responding. Tried to restart EFB with everything else off, and it gets stuck on Loading and comes up not responding. . Not even a reboot of PC will allow it to start now. .  Looks like I will have to find another moving map to use. Bummer. 

Server_202012261059.txt.zip Client_202012261058.txt.zip