No own a/c label on IVAO

Pablo

Hi Urs

I import the FPL ex Simbrief and crosscheck in the flightplan dialog box about my callsign and it is there correctly.

When started the EFPv2 first time it was all correct after upgrading to MSFS2020 version, my call sign label disappeared!

Regards,

Paul

I don't think that this has to do with the upgrade to the MSFS pre-release. I didn't change anything in this regard.

Could you please create a set of support files from both Client and Server and upload it here? Alternatively you may also send them to support@aivlasoft.com.

Additionally you should send me the file 'downloadIvao.tmp' from the Servers data folder 'Downloads'. Thank you.

The file 'downloadIvao.tmp' contains the latest downloaded data from the IVAO servers and it should be from the time when the problem occurred.

No, that is intentional. Your own aircraft is presented according the settings of EFB (symbol). Only other traffic, which is feeded into your simulator as AI traffic, gets a different display. Your own aircraft is no AI.

You recognize your own aircraft always by the different representation. No need to label it. And I expect you know the details of your aircraft, which are presented in the label of other aircraft.

5 hours ago, Pablo said:

on the enclosed picture you can see, that my a/c (only the red symbol)  has no label, but other traffic does.

I should have asked you for a screenshot already, then I might have realized earlier what you are talking about. I was on the wrong track because I thought you are talking about the red AI traffic symbol, not about the magenta symbol of the own aircraft.

Additional information about my previous question. Everything seems to be normal again, you see it on the picture. I changed nothing. I suppose this information should come from the IVAO server and perhaps this information was out of service for some time.

I got suddenly back the red label with all IVAO information about my flight. Bevor I had only the magenta a/c symbol and I was not sure, if I am correctly connected to the IVAO server. Of course I had also the IVAO Pilot Client ALTITUDE to check the IVAO connection.

Regards, Paul

2057521183_Aivlasoft2.png.a252d8fed198401c0cdfa04cd1e0b089.png

This definitely looks not normal. Especially as the position is not the same, which it should be, taking into consideration the live AI traffic created by the IVAO pilot client. Looks like an odd behaviour of the IVAO client that it feeds you back the information about your own aircraft as AI data. This should definitely not happen. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with IVAO and can't tell you more.

EFB is trying to filter the own 'echo' using the callsign. Therefore the callsign must be set in the EFB flight plan. If the callsign in the EFB flight plan agrees with the callsign from the IVAO downloaded data (see the file 'downloadIvao.tmp' in the Server's data folder 'Downloads') then the 'echo' should not be depicted. Please bear in mind that the callsign is case-sensitive and no trailing or leading blanks should be part of it.

Urs, isn't the filtering only relevant for the snapshot data? The target on the screenshot however looks like a live one, which shouldn't be there after all, as the network client shouldn't return your own connection as an AI target again. And then, the flightplan call sign shown on the right bar of EFB seems to be the same as the call sign shown on the map.

19 hours ago, KiloJuliett said:

Urs, isn't the filtering only relevant for the snapshot data?

Yes, filtering is only applied to snapshot data. From my point of view the red square behind the magenta aircraft looks like the own aircraft from the snapshot data. But I cannot imagine why it is not filtered. Callsign of the aircraft label and callsign on the sidebar seem to be identical ? That's why I threw in the idea with the blanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, not sure what I do wrong. I create the flightplan, then input the cruise level, then callsign and then finish. Do I have to save the flightplan

to get rid off the mirrored aircraft? WHere am I supposed to see the callsign on the sidebar?

Thanks

Peter

HI Peter,

the callsign on the sidebar is only displayed if it's an ICAO flight plan (e.g. created by SimBrief).

I create the flightplan, then input the cruise level, then callsign and then finish.

Same as I'm doing.

Do I have to save the flightplan to get rid off the mirrored aircraft?

No, the FPL has not to be saved.

You can check as follows:

When flying online, go to the folder "Downloads" in the Server's data folder. There you will find a file named "downloadIvao.tmp". This is a text file containing the latest data download from the IVAO server. Open this file using Notepad.exe (or any other text editor) and then search for your callsign. If you have found your callsign, open the file "globalSettings.txt" in the Server's "Settings" folder and look there for the line "Callsign = xxx". Do both callsigns match?