ILS issue

mleuck

7 hours ago, mleuck said:

I am beginning to see several approaches with the message ....LOC Outdated.

Why do I see this and how do I fix it?

Thank you

Hi ??? (please refer to our Forum Rules 2.4)

The reason fo this is that there is a discrepancy between the LOC data in the airport BGL versus the LOC data in the IARAC cycle used. If it concerns a default airport, we recommend to apply the (free) navdata update tool from Hervé SORS: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html , in this case it would require to apply the World Navid Package and the world (except Europe) ILS regional updates. This brings all ILS' worldwide to the present state. This however only works for P3DV4.

If the Airport concerned is an Add-On, then the Add-On developer is responsible for changing the ILS data for this speecific airport. In the latter case however we have a certain collection of BGL replacements done to support our customers in certain cases. We would then need the ICAO-Code and the Developer name to see whether we have done this correction already.

It must also be sai that unfortunately there is no other way around this problem as the developers of FSX/P3D choose an "unpractical" way of including the Airport Navaids into the Airport Records and not to a common worldwide database. There's little we can do about this.

@mleuck

as per the forum rules, please sign your post with your first name. Thanks.

Regarding your post, please also read this one from the FAQs: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/4264-why-are-ils-approaches-not-showing/

As for the name of the BGL file, just select the airport in EFB, then open the airport information dialog. There you will see the full path and name of the file.