EFB v.2 not working with xplane 11.50 RC 2 (Vulkan)

bernd4956

Hi,

I repeatedly tried to work with this tool in connection with xplane11.50 RC2 without success.

I built up a new database, made a flightsim update and an AIRAC update as well.

Nothing helped.

On the other hand with the p3d v4.5 there is no problem. Everything is working like it should.

I would appreciate if you find a solution for me.

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

Moved to proper thread by Admin

Hi,

few minutes ago I built up  the x-plane11-database again. During the creation-process there are two strange messages:

'Misleading rwy designator 'W' for row code 100. '2799964 ICAO: CPJ5

The above was repeated once.

Do you have an idea?

By the way I tried to use the P3D v.4.5 data-base. Everything seems to be working so far. But this is not a solution is it?

I would really appreciate if you can help me in this case!

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

58 minutes ago, bernd4956 said:

Hi,

few minutes ago I built up  the x-plane11-database again. During the creation-process there are two strange messages:

'Misleading rwy designator 'W' for row code 100. '2799964 ICAO: CPJ5

Hi Bernd,

This message is no Error, but just a debug info. I have the same because on this specific airport the RWY dsignator is non-numeric. This has absolutely no impact on the database. If the database creation ends without remark, i.e. reported as "Successfully completed", then the database is properly created. Debug remarks are - as their name would suggest - simply information about the forthcoming of the database creation process. As I said before, I can't recreate your findings, as I have updated both my X-Plane installations and do not see any problems with their use.

For further investigation we might need a lot more information about your installation, as there is no explanation for this behaviour without all pertinent information. Could you please send a set of Support Files to start with and make sure you run EFB2 with full Admin rights.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:33 AM, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Bernd,

This message is no Error, but just a debug info. I have the same because on this specific airport the RWY dsignator is non-numeric. This has absolutely no impact on the database. If the database creation ends without remark, i.e. reported as "Successfully completed", then the database is properly created. Debug remarks are - as their name would suggest - simply information about the forthcoming of the database creation process. As I said before, I can't recreate your findings, as I have updated both my X-Plane installations and do not see any problems with their use.

For further investigation we might need a lot more information about your installation, as there is no explanation for this behaviour without all pertinent information. Could you please send a set of Support Files to start with and make sure you run EFB2 with full Admin rights.

Hi,

attached are two support files (server and client) for further investigation.

Client_202009031134.txt.zip Server_202009031134.txt.zip

23 hours ago, bernd4956 said:

Hi,

attached are two support files (server and client) for further investigation.

Client_202009031134.txt.zip 16.46 kB · 4 downloads Server_202009031134.txt.zip 308.66 kB · 3 downloads

Hi,

I just found out that the main reason for the xplane 11 issue is the lack of runway mapping. In contrast to P3d v4.5 the runways of xplane 11 "runwayMappings_XPlane-NG.txt" file are  not specifically defined. I don't know why.

Maybe you have an idea?

with regards

Bernd Schwarz

Hi Bernd,

From what I could see in the logfiles, in your DbBuilding Process more than 6000 (!!) runway mappings are processed whereas the average of a correct scenery would be about 1/10 of that. In my installation there are 581 runway mappings.

Anoter thing that I  see from the logfile is that there is an error when reading the "scenery_packs.ini" from your X-Plane Custom Scenery path. How do you manage your "scenery_packs.ini" ? Do you use XOrganizer or do you do it manually?

In any case there is a warning logged in your DbBuildeLogfile : "2020-09-03 10:34:26.724   Warning : Path '' from scenery_packs.ini does not exist". So as a first remedy you need to correct that *.ini file as any error within that file will have an influence on the priority in which the Scenery is read.

As a general rule, whenever a Warning Message is displayed after running the DbBuilder, you should take care of this before proceeding.

Hi,

I normally manage my scenery_packs.ini file manually according to some information made by aerosoft. By the way although the DbBuilding processed 6000 runways there is no runway specifically defined. Sorry but after several trials (building up a new database with xplane 11) I give up. It's a pity because I like EFB2 very much. I assume that there are limits in connection with xplane although the tool should work.

You told me few days ago that EFB2 is working on your computer. Well, I can not imagine that I'm the only person who is suffering from this specific issue. Maybe you

can do me a little favour:   Could you please send me your runwayMappings-XPlane-NG.txt" to make a comparison with my file?

My E-Mail-Adress is:    bernd.schwarz6549@online.de

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

Bernd,

EFB2 works flawlessly with X-Plane. There's no reason to blame it for a non-working database or connection issues of any kind. As I said several times, I have no problems from the beginning. It should nevertheless also be said that I manage my "scenery_packs.ini" with the XOrganizer, which is perfect for this purpose as with manual  management errors can always occur. You did not mention that you were specifically looking for the issue in the "scen.ery_packs.ini" which generated the shown warning. There must be some invalid path there. The warning message definitely points to a problem within the "scenery_packs.ini". This may cause an irregularity in reading the scenery files' priority. To rule out any possible discrepancies please post your "scenery_packs.ini" for analyzing purposes.

The comparison between the two "runwayMappings_XPlane-NG.txt" does not show too much apart from the fact that yours has many more entries. The main reason for the large discrepancy in the RWY mapping numbers lies somewhere in the database. it is amost impossible to trace this as it would require a complete analysis of your X-Plane installation.  But as already mentioned, I have no problems whatsoever on both installations - the second one being also quite large. I manage both with XOrganizer.

Apart from all written above it is simply not detectable what causes this misbehaviour of the DbBuilding process in your installation.

One little thing - which is not related to this - puzzled me a bit. I see in the logfiles that your eart_nav.dat file is of the new 1500 spec. Checking my Navigraph AIRAC Cycle 2009 I do not see a earth_nav.dat of that spec. Mine still has the 1100 spec. Where did you get this file from? Not that it would matter because EFB can also decode the 1500 spec and Aerosoft's NavDataPro supplies two earth_nav.dat, this one with spec 1100 and earth_nav_1150.dat with spec 1500. But I don't see this on the Navigraph AIRAC Cycle for X-Plane.

Hi,

I received the actual airac cycle 2009 directly from navigraph because I have a subscription.

By the way I managed the scenery_packs.ini by XOrganizer and re-built the data base.

The issue still remains!  :-(   

There are still over 6000 airports  to be mapped. I suppose the reason is the huge amount of addons

I'm using with xplane 11. I don't know where they come from. In connection with P3d there are only 500 airports.

Finally I come to the conclusion:     EFB2 is only working in connection with my P3d V4.5 (Thank God!).

For me there is no way to solve the problem. I'm simply overasked!!! It's a pity because this tool is

really outstanding (if it works!).

Anyway thank you very much for your trial to help me. I appreciate it.

I have to admit that I'm very disappointed!   

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

53 minutes ago, bernd4956 said:

Finally I come to the conclusion:     EFB2 is only working in connection with my P3d V4.5 (Thank God!).

For me there is no way to solve the problem. I'm simply overasked!!! It's a pity because this tool is

really outstanding (if it works!).

Anyway thank you very much for your trial to help me. I appreciate it.

I have to admit that I'm very disappointed!   

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

Hi Bernd,

I'm sorry to hear that. Nevertheless I must  point to the fact that your conclusion is wrong. EFB works very nicely with X-Plane. I have the proof on my two systems. The reason for this misbehaviour is unknown to me and most probably will remain so. I cannot do troubleshooting on your system at a distance. The sheer number of AddOns is not an issue. I have on one of my systems over 570 entries of AddOns in the "\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery" path. They all work without any problems.

Regarding the number of RWY mappings my only conclusion is that one (or both) of the default and global apt.dat could be corrupt. But - as I mentioned before - the possibilities of troubleshooting in your system are close to none.

3 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Bernd,

I'm sorry to hear that. Nevertheless I must  point to the fact that your conclusion is wrong. EFB works very nicely with X-Plane. I have the proof on my two systems. The reason for this misbehaviour is unknown to me and most probably will remain so. I cannot do troubleshooting on your system at a distance. The sheer number of AddOns is not an issue. I have on one of my systems over 570 entries of AddOns in the "\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery" path. They all work without any problems.

Regarding the number of RWY mappings my only conclusion is that one (or both) of the default and global apt.dat could be corrupt. But - as I mentioned before - the possibilities of troubleshooting in your system are close to none.

Hi,

well - as you know - Shit happens according to "Murphys Law". 

Anyway I have to accept this kind of calamity! I'm not that kind of nerd who is able to solve these  mysterious problems.  I'm 71 years old! I don't want to waste my life time to find solutions for my very specific problem.

I wish you the best for your life. Stay healthy. Cordial greetings to Switzerland from Germany!

cheers

Bernd