Online traffic other then Ivao or Vatsim

PCPiloot

Hi,

Is it possible to show online traffic other then Ivao or Vatsim?

I sometimes fly on a small network online.

This network has a whazzup.txt

When I enter the location of the whazzup in the database setting in the Ivao entry, the Ivao data is still displayed and not the data of the whazzup of the other network.

Do I have to enter the network location somewhere else?

It would be even nicer to have an extra entry line for adding another network.

Greetz

Jacob

P3Dv5  

On 9/1/2020 at 1:10 AM, KiloJuliett said:

That looks already promising. Do you also have a public URL where the current file is available? If you do not want this made public here, please send it to my by PM.

When I try to send PM, next message appears:

KiloJuliett cannot receive messages.

Jacob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I discussed the topic with Urs in the meantime. The main issue is that different FSD server networks use different formats for their whazzup files. More specifically the data fields are at different positions. As there is no generic network traffic format supported, whazzup files from other networks only work if the relevant data fields are at the same position. So to check this, you need to compare VATSIM and IVAO files with the ones generated from your network. If any of them fits, you can change the url in the EFB server to point to your status file. Be aware that EFB also does a check for a minimum number of data elements and does not read the file if the value is too low.

The file from the url @PCPiloot sent me works when it is entered instead of the default VATSIM file.

There are no plans currently to expand the functionality of EFB in this regard, as the number of EFB users also flying online is quite small.